1/48 SANGER Mitsubishi Ki-67 Vac...It BEGINS!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's Done! I'm calling the Ki-67 officially ready for inspection.
So, here she is. I think the kit turned out rather good.
Hope you like it!
Anyway, I'm happy this build is over. Looking at the start of this topic, it's more then a year (with a hiatus of some months)
So total building time comes down to 8 1/2 months!

DSCF2889.JPG

DSCF2901.JPG

DSCF2890.JPG

DSCF2895.JPG

DSCF2898.JPG

DSCF2900.JPG

DSCF2894.JPG

DSCF2897.JPG

DSCF2899.JPG

Last edited:
The turrets and glass pannels are much clearer then the pics show. There seams to be some sort of weird reflectioning going on. (might be the close up function on my mediocore digital camera...)

Well, the Sanger kit can be build. Ofcourse it's a lot of work and the results might not be up to everyone's standard.
It's not comparable to Tamiya of Hasegawe or even the lesser liked injection or short run models.
Vacu kits have their limits when it comes to detail.

I learned a lot from this build, tried out a few new techniques and enjoyed it overall. Even though there were times I'd almost binned the kit.
I want to thank you all for your support and info, tips and tricks you provided durng this build!
This place is great to hang out imho!

My congrats for your modeling marathon my friend! You managed to give shape to a bunch of plastic garbage and for your patience and insistence on getting the model finished I cannot help admiring you!

Like most colleagues say, have you done the honors to your Ki-67 with a formidable detail, starting from a complicated Vacu Kit.

The time and effort worth it !! :!: :arrow: :idea:

Saludos mi amigo :thumbup:

LC

Thanks All!!! :) I think in the end it was worth the effort. But I don't think I can reccomend this kit to anyone. But for me it was a great test. Having left the hobby about a decade ago due to having a family,a big house renovation, children, etc..., this kit got me back into it. I started a few other models before, but for some reason I lost intrest in them. After the Sanger Ki-67 I found my taste for the hobby again.

The "Peggy" turned out to be quiet a conversation topic on our club's anual model show contest. And it did not look out of place next to Catalina's, Spit's and some modren jets on the competition table.
The Ki-67 did not enter our own competion, ofcourse.

Though, now I'm gonna take a little break from Vacu kits and build a few normal kits. I still have to finish my N1K2 "George" and I enrolled in my first group build here with the old Tamiya Buffalo.
But I gathered quiet some usefull data to tackle Sanger's Yokosuka P1Y1...Although at fisrt sight this looks like an easier kit to build, but I have to give the parts a good check with some scale plans first.
I don't doubt that I will regret writing the "easier build" part...

¡¡ Estoy listo para los próximos!! =D>

Congratulations and cheers Ohm-men :salute::thumbup:

SANCER

Users who are viewing this thread

Back