1/48 SANGER Mitsubishi Ki-67 Vac...It BEGINS!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm almost there. I installed the landing gear and it sits on it's wheels now. Looks rather nice imho.
I still need to add a few bits and bobs and some oil paint washes to simulate "wet dirt and grime".
Perhaps a few oil leaks as well.

But if all goes well is schould be done in a few days! :)

quick teaser :)
DSCF2887.JPG

And Hans standing next to one of the props, pretty big bird...
DSCF2884.JPG

More to come...

I'm almost there! I guess two evenings of work and the bird is done.
Still need to fight the main landing gear covers, but I added the small top blister after painfully sanding it to shape...
Areal, Football dome and pitot are also in place now together with a few small paint touch ups.
I'm very pleased with the result so far. My goal to create a War worn Ki-67 seams to be happening after all.

I hope to seal the weathering tonight with a light coat of future and if all goes well put the final layer of Testors flat on tommorow evening.
I'm gonna leave the antenna wire until last as this seams a daunting tast as well.

When this kit is done, it will be a personal victory!!!

Good luck !!! :thumbleft:

But remember that there is a difference between these traces of the war weathering and those seen in pictures of wrecks.

Good luck !!! :thumbleft:

But remember that there is a difference between these traces of the war weathering and those seen in pictures of wrecks.

Good point. I'm keeping it slightly worn, surely not "reliced". I've tried to simulate sun bleached upper surfaces and tried to get some effect on the overall Olive Drabb/Brown. I don't think I wen't overboard and after laying on the final coat of future, the weathering blended in quiet nice. For me chalk pastels work better then thinned oil paint as I seam to get allong with it much better and I'm able to control it more then thinned oil paint. But I'm a bit rusty as it's been a long while doing these kind of things. The Modelling/Painting Techniques books I read were pretty helpfull.

Tonight I hope to put on the final layer of matt clear. I'm gonna go with laquer Model Master Matt coat, as this gave the best result on my test model (old Esci Hs 129)
I hope to do a light coverage and don't end up too matt-ish. An aircraft seams to have a bit more "shine" to it then armoured vehicles.

But so far I think I'm gonna achive the result I'm hoping for...Keeping my fingers crossed though...

I've also been catching up with this boards great "Group Builds" and I'm very tempted to give such a build a go. Though I have to look thru my "stash" to find something Allied...(there is the odd Eduard La-7/La-5 combo box and I think an old Hobbycraft La-7 with superscale decals and an Eduard set on the shelve and Tamiya Bufallo I picked up a few years ago... So, there really is no excuse not to participate ;) )

Last edited:
Well, I'm almost there! Yesterday I laid on the final coat of Matt laquer and left it for a few hours. When dry, I carefully started pealing of the masking tape. I had little overspray on the clear parts, which I removed using a toothpick and everything looked good. I started the rest of the cleanup around the clearparts and will continue tonight as there are plenty of small windows on the Ki-67.

Though I'm very happy how it looks now. The clear parts are very clear and the framing looks sharp enough imho.
There is enough clarity to see the details inside. I'm pretty happy how the nose and tail turned out.

I'm gonna keep it under wraps for a day or so and post pics once I installed the antenna wiring and added the last bits. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back