1/48 Ta152H - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nicely done Andy. I tremble when there's a clear part to be fitted to a very small surface - PVA or Humbrol Clear Fix are useful for this, but I'm never 100% happy with the bond.

Me neither. The thing here was that the mating surface I was trying to bond was well away form the glass but the glue wicked up where I didn't want it to.

Some very nice work Andy. I use jigsaw puzzle glue for my clear parts and it dries glossy clear. I've picked up a 1/48 spitfire by the canopy and it held. There are several different brands so I won't guarantee the holding power

I use Testors Clear Parts Cement for that purpose but, again, I wasn't gluing a clear part to anything so went with something more conventional.

Since the last post, I've finished off and installed the shoulder belts, added the small hooks on the sliding canopy, which turned out to be easier to bend than I thought as they were on a separate PE sheet that was thinner, done some paint chipping (maybe too much), added the trim tab actuators, and a stretched sprue antenna wire.

16070806.jpg
16070807.jpg
16070808.jpg
16070809.jpg

More fiddly bits to come: cannon barrels and pitot tube (which I'll probably make from brass tube), nav lights, retractable step, inner gear doors, d/f loop and whip antennae. Hope to wrap this one up this weekend.

Thanks all. I've been able to spend very little time on this project and it's not likely to get much better over the coming week with house guests arriving tomorrow. In any event, I did manage to complete a few fiddly bits. The retractable step was painted, brass rod cannons and inner gear doors installed, nav lights added, and a brass pitot tube fabricated.

16071206.jpg
16071207.jpg
16071208.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back