1/48 Tamiya FW190D-9 White 11 of IV/JG51

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sure, why not! :lol:
ok below is from Jagdwaffe vol. 5 sect. 3 - Defending the Reich, 1944-1945.
might help, might not but i felt left out not chipping in !!!!!
can e-mail you a full size version if required Andy ?

white11s.jpg

Good stuff Karl, thanks. That pic is one of the few that are available for this rig and I have it already from Wayne and in the Crandall book I just got. W.Nr is actually 213007 as confirmed in Hagenauer's Flugbuch.

They like the 82/83 scheme on the wings which I'm now leaning toward.

Don't feel left out Karl. Join in anytime. Just wish I could share a beer with all you guys and talk about it!

Not much done this week as I'm busy with other stuff.

The wheel wells have had some gaps filled with plastic card and were then primed and painted with Alclad, my first experience with this stuff. A few more details will be added and some other details painted in this area before I'm done.

12120901.jpg

12120902.jpg

Thanks chaps. I'm in the process of rebuilding our fire place while I squeeze in a few moments on this build so there's little time for this build at the moment. I hope to get some quality time in starting next week as I'm taking two weeks off over the Christmas break and should get some decent progress in between skiing, visiting, and the usual holiday stuff. I appreciate your checking in and your patience! I hope to get plenty of pointers on anything dodgy that you might see.

Make sure you leave a wide enough chimney in the fireplace Andy, otherwise Santa won't get down with all those nicely wrapped kit boxes ....

Too late. Converted the wood-burner to gas and capped the chimney so he's going to need to get his scrawny a$$ down an 8 inch pipe!

The wood mantle is nearly done but it tends to take up my weekends. As of Friday, I'm taking off work until the New Year so I hope to get lots of work done on this build over the break. Thanks for your patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back