1/48 Typhoon IB MN413, 440 RCAF - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is! Only been as far East as Gatineau myself, so it'll be interesting to see some of the Maritimes. I've been to Toronto/GTA countless times, but I've never had a reason or opportunity to go much further. Friend's getting married (geeze I'm starting to get old), should be a good time.

The aftermarket stuff came while I was gone, so I should be able to start soon.

As it turns out Andy, I did make it to Halifax for Canada day, beautiful place.

Give us the heads up on Halifax then. Were heading that way and into Nova Scotia early September. Will it be warm or cold, still or windy, will I need my thermals!!

b0227.gif

May not be the guy to ask, but it will be somewhat humid, but often overcast out there. I don't really know the temperatures over there at that time of the year. I imagine it will still be fairly warm.

Last edited:
Give us the heads up on Halifax then. Were heading that way and into Nova Scotia early September. Will it be warm or cold, still or windy, will I need my thermals!!

b0227.gif

Halifax is usually warmer than most of Canada its in the Jet Stream or whatever...very foggy there

Ah, so that's where the Jet Stream is!!
It's supposed to be over the UK at this time of year, but it b*gg*red off to central France last year, and said it wasn't coming back for 20 years - hence our cr@p weather in the UK.

Will it be warm or cold, still or windy, ...

The answer is yes. Oh, and it might rain like hell or be very dry. Chance of fog or clear skies.

So, regardless of the weather, which you can do nothing about, check out the naval museum and take a tour of the HMCS Sackville, a surviving WW2 Corvette. No dinner suggestions but afterwards, check out the bar scene downtown with many of the bars linked through a labyrinth of indoor passages through theh downtown core or, if it does happen to be nice out, walk the area outdoors for the active nightlife.

If they are still offering it, a harbour cruise on the legendary Bluenose schooner is also a nice activity.

Depending on how long you are there, head south along the coast and visit Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg. If your stay is longer, a drive north to do the Cabot Trail around Cape Breton is a must - one of the top drives in Canada in my opinion

I didn't get a chance to tour the Sackville, but I did see it, and went to the town it's named after. Could have been named after a nicer town! Definitely look at the bar scene, it's where I spent most of my time...and money unfortunately! There's also a tour of the Alexander Keith's brewery that they do. It's a little corny, but interesting, and you get beer.

:lol: Well, I had cellulitis in both of my ankles and feet as a result of my trip, and that's just been dealt with, so I haven't exactly had time! My ankles have gone back down to scrawny, so maybe I'll get the cockpit painted this week.

I haven't had a beer for three weeks - no wonder I'm cranky!! Haven't done any modelling for some time either - about time I got my finger out!
Sorry to hear about that Cory - can't be pleasant, and I know all about pain and discomfort!
Looking forward to seeing it come together mate.

Oddly enough Terry, they didn't hurt at all. The worst part was not being able to get them into skates, so I missed a hockey game. And I've had enough beer to cover for you!

As I start to ramp up to get some actual progress done, which set of belts is correct, or is one for when a pilot is fitted?

null_zps6aa97671.jpg

They are different belts Cory. The lower set is the older Sutton type and the upper ones are the new type with the quick release. Now, having said that, I'm not sure which would have been appropriate for your Typhoon but Terry will likely set your straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back