1/48 Typhoon IB MN413, 440 RCAF - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The description says this Sutton harness was common to Typhoons/Tempests. Looks like the top 2 on your fret.

cory.jpg

Geo

A flip through my Typhoon book revealed a picture of a 439 Squadron pilot seated in his Typhoon wearing the quick release type. Other searches around the net show that the earlier style, characterized by the holes in the straps might have also been in use. My guess is that later production models possibly adopted the quick release harness, replacing the earlier ones.

The Sutton harness had a number of changes, the first being that the 'perforated' adjuster holes were retained, but the quick-release twist buckle was added, then the whole lot changed to the later style.
Neither of those are totally 'Typhoon' for late fitting, but the upper one is closest. It should have the 'Y' strap which went behind and to the lower frame of the seat, or at least a shorter 'tail' strap.
However, use the upper set, and 'bury' the long tail strap behind the seat - it won't be seen anyway.

Thanks Geo, but I found one for $6 on SprueBrothers. It makes the seatbelt question redundant however, as it includes them on the seat! :rolleyes:

So it'll be another two weeks until I can build the cockpit. I do not have time to build my Avenger if I hope to have the Tamiya Corsair done for September, and I won't have as much time for this (though I should be able to get it done for the end of the GB). To guarantee I get something done, I think I'll be entering my Tamiya Mosquito "Hairless Joe", of 418 RCAF. The kit is pretty straightforward and I already have everything I need for it.

And yes, aggravating is a perfect word for it!

Shame about the seat being missing, but sounds like you're sorted. Good info on the 'Ultracast' seats too. I'll need one for the old Monogram kit, and probably for the Hasegawa 'car door' kit too, although I'll probably use the 'Quickboost' seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back