1/48th Mitchell II - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much chaps.
Might get a bit more done later today, although I've got a lot of other domestic stuff to attend to this week.

Thanks Jeff. No more holes to cut - well, apart from one for the astrodome - but lots of cutting of plastic sheet to make the internal parts.

Looking good there Terry, practice for when you try this one I hope :) Back half a B-25D-3 but has the nose of a b-25J lol. Picture from the book Warpath across the Pacific by Lawrence J Hickey.
Scan_February-23-2016-12-32-30-394-PM.jpg

Looking good. It's going to be worth it, going the extra mile with all the cutting. Got one of these still in a box and I can see I'm going to be learning a lot from following this thread. Ahh! - we'll let you off on the text & pics order (blinkin' page formatting :!:). Just glad to have the the run downs and photo's anyway after all your hard work.

Thanks Hugh.
Still not got any further, but hope to get back to it after the p*ss up .... er .... party, on the weekend - when my brain stops hurting after the event !
Just spent an hour looking for that darned missing file, without any luck. You can bet your last penny it'll suddenly appear, as if by magic, the day after I finish the model !!

Thanks very much chaps.
And guess what ?
I've found a photocopy of the 'missing' notes !
I haven't found the complete file yet, although I think it's under a couple of heavy boxes, where I've been moving stuff around. But the main thing is, I've now confirmed the presentation style of the serial numbers. Aircraft built at Inglewood had a 'normal' serial style, example FL123, and those built at the Kansas City plant had the hyphen between letters and numbers, example FW-192.
So that's one niggling thing off my mind, and I can stop looking under rugs, on top of wardrobes and in the freezer !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back