1/48th Spitfire Vc, 136 Sqn, Burma, 1943-44. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rather ... welcome to The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. :laughing6:

Maybe we should have a competition to design a badge !
Anyway, as the pics show, the model has now been sprayed overall in the underside colour of Medium Sea Gray, after attending to a few small blemishes and doing the final shaping and sanding on the cannon and stub fairings.
Next step is to make masks for the code letters, HM-F, using strips of Tamiya tape, and position these on the fuselage before spraying the top side colours. With luck, I might get that done tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm busily researching a possible serial number, and have identified three so far which might have been with the Squadron, and not known to have been assigned to other pilots or lost in action.
Thanks for your continued interest and support, and I'll post some more progress pics soon.

Attachments

• Bob Cross Spit V 087.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 087.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Bob Cross Spit V 086.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 086.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 99
Thanks guys, being a Tamiya kit, the most work required so far was the conversion and corrections. I think the rest threw itself together when I wasn't looking !

Some good progress today, one of those days when everything seemed to go right - for a change!
PIC 1. The code letters masked directly over the Medium Sea Grey, using strips of Tamiya masking tape.
PIC 2. Basic underside masking under way.
PIC 3. The Dark Earth sprayed. This has been built-up in a slightly patchy look, to provide the first stages of weathering.
Next stage is to mark out the Dark Green areas in pencil, and spray them freehand, which I should complete tomorrow.
Thanks again for your kind comments, and I'll post more pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• Bob Cross Spit V 088.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 088.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Bob Cross Spit V 089.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 089.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Bob Cross Spit V 090.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 090.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 97
Terry
AS usual its absolutely mind blowing! Another work of art on the way!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back