1/48th Spitfire Vc, 136 Sqn, Burma, 1943-44.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I absolutely love this color scheme, somehow it works very well with the blue roundels. Never was really into a/c flying the the Burma theater, but that changed since I slammed together one of 'em new Airfix Hurri MK.II 1/72 kits.

It really looks great Terry! As usual I am in total awe!!!
:) :)
Max

Thank you my friends !
In a late-night session, I have now got all the decals in place, with the aircraft's identity with the serial number MA388.
Having spent some time trawling through every serial number for the MkVC's built, I narrowed things down to a possible three aircraft which probably served on 136 Sqn, although none of the records confirm this, or show an individual code letter. However, as no Squadron is shown, only the fact that these airframes were sent to India and are not listed among other Squadron's aircraft, and are in the right serial group for 136 Sqn., this is as close as I can get !
The serial numbers were applied as individual characters from the 'Tally Ho' decals sheet, and were a right pain, as they stretched, curled and distorted at the slightest touch. In fact, the Tamiya decals also had similar problems, and the only ones which performed without fault were the old 'Almarks' roundels, despite having to remove the 'stale' adhesive !
The pics show the decals in place, and the first stages of weathering, dirt and stains. The model will now be given a coat of clear matt, before some more light weathering and detail painting, before moving on to the final construction stages.
Thanks once again for your kind remarks and continued interest, and I hope to post some more pics over the weekend.

Attachments

• Bob Cross Spit V 104.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 104.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Bob Cross Spit V 108.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 108.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 93
  • Bob Cross Spit V 109.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 109.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 100
Thanks chaps - I hope to get the detail painting and clear matt done tonight. Pics maybe later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back