1/72 Airfix 'Dambusters Lancaster Gift Set Wing Commander Guy Gibson's lanc (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

triumph

Airman
Dec 20, 2009
S.E. London U.K.
Built from the new Airfix kit 'Dambusters Lancaster Gift Set for a ModelZone promo by a staff member to mark the dams anniversary. After the promo it's found a new home at casa triumphs. Alas Modelzone is no more
DSCF0245.jpg

DSCF0241.jpg

9bd595f0-8fdb-4443-8293-b0f1e7fc6c1e.jpg

DSCF0015-1.jpg

DSCF02192.jpg

DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0218.jpg

Beautiful grouping.
I see there is a new 1/72nd printed tarmac backdrop print by Noy's Miniatures that looks pretty nice. Got a notice from Hannant's this morning by email it's in their shop now. I may see if Peter wants to buy it for under the Lanc I repaired for him, the Kelly Gang. It's $42AU, but big at 16" x 23".

Saw that Bill. It looks like a photo taken from Google Earth or similar, which means it'll be flat, 2D - a lot of dough for a picture!
Much easier, a lot cheaper, and much, much more realistic to make a base.

Very nice but as everyone has said the wires are a little too thick maybe try 'Merlin black invisible thread'
where you have attached the wires on the canopy are wrongly placed, they should be closer to the escape hatch.

You also forgot to add the yellow circle on the head armour which sits on top of the pilots seat.

I'd think about painting two gloss black circles to replicate the round windows in the upper escape hatch's.

Back-drop really sets this model off.

Cheers.
Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back