1/72 Airfix Spitfire Mk1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nor looking bad at all mate. The yellow prop tips are too big though. In 'real life' they were four inches, so they need to be about half what you've painted them. Just mask the tips then re-paint the blades. Should look great when the decals are on.

Righty, will do :) Thanks.

Any idea on how to make the canopy seem more 'connected' with the fuselage? Theres a little tiny but of gap on the front but I dont want to do anything too drastic.

Once again the Murphy's rule about something already done. You should have thought about it earlier.
But if you want to correct it I suggest mixing some talc powder with the RAF Dark Green paint you use for the model painting as a putty.Using a toothpick apply it into the gap.Any excess you can remove with Q-tip and a thinner for the paint.When done - paint the area again.

Good (and interesting!) idea Wojtek!

The canopy I sent him is actually designed for the Tamiya kit, hence the fit problem. Falcon do a canopy for the Airfix kit aswell, but it's in closed position. - You did a great job with it mate!

PVA (white glue) applied to the seam with a toothpick should fix the gap too, although will 'sink' very slightly. Try Wojtek's trick first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back