1/72 B-24 "Chug-a-lug" - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
User name, Meatloaf109
Name, Serious glutton fer punishment.
Category, Intermediate
Scale, 1/72
Model type, Eduard's Consolidated B-24D
Aftermarket, None. Well maybe a bit of wire,... here and there...

Now, I know I said I wouldn't enter more than two again. But as the P-47 is pretty much done,...
I just couldn't help myself. Been wanting to do a big bomber for a while.
This is the Eduard re-boxing of the Acadamy kit with extra P.E. stuff

b241.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You......... are a glutton.
Good choice for the nose. I did the same, but mine looks like it was more of a problem.
Don't I know about the cowlings......... took a lot of Dremmeling to correct mine.
Bomb doors are a fright if you plan on closing them.

This is what I did for the nose gear, and where I placed some weight, but it was Not enough. I suggest looking at using the compartment behind the nose wheel for additional weight. ****I may have to drill a hole and pour in some buckshot.

Will keep an eye on this one to see how you go mate.

Attachments

• SD15a weighting.jpg
    SD15a weighting.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
I don't know how you guys that work in 1/72 do it regularly!
Those little parts have got me seeing double. Well, here is the I.P. so far...

b244.jpg

I have spent the last two hours trying to attach two small bits of styrene and two bits of P.E. to them. It ain't gonna happen! I will put the original
kit parts in instead!
I tried everything in my arsenal, Magnifying glass, and small tweezers, strait sight and a toothpick, F**k it, I got the non-P.E. stuff to go in!

b245.jpg

That panel looks great the way it is now Paul. I know this is the Eduard version of the kit I'm building but I don't know what the f*** they did to the cowlings, mine look just fine. If you want to see how much leas it takes to hold down the nose take a look at my thread. I did a balance check on it and it's just enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back