1/72 Bf 109E-4 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Exactly. No rush mate, rather take your time and do a good job.

(And don't worry about 'always running late', I haven't finished a single GB entry yet!)

I'll just post a small update, next week I'm getting to babysit a huge house that has like 4 garages so I'll have tons of space (and time ) to paint hopefully I'll get this beauty and the P-51 done

Almost forgot the 109 pics today,

here I'll have to re-do the bottom section since the paint cracked
same technique for the yellow, although I made the cowling and wings a little more faded than on my P-51.

Its hard to get the spray right and looking ok, I might redo the under wing sections but I'm guessing once weathering is added a bit with oils and pastels it'll be more to my taste :S

I'm happy with the cowling and I think it'll need a bit of touch up with another 1-2 coats of the Lemon Yellow but I like the effect of the weathering.

I have the cowling section on the bottom to still take a photo of, after assembly, I might wait until the completiton of the complete camo. I was thinking a Dark Green (I think TAmiya XF-61? or XF-73? I think the 61 is more suitable to resemble the upper section.) and Tamiya Light blue for the bottom.

Just a small update, did some airbrushing at my uncles the other day, here is the bottom blue section, will have to retouch the tail

Sadly, I've lost the Canopy so I'll hopefully either buy a replacement or find it later in the spring

Users who are viewing this thread