1/72 Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You did a badger sniff? And how did it smell?

I've had some experience with this and can tell you right now that the smell, while sweet and quite soothing, is not worth the mauling you receive while sniffing.

Rich was a great help with my build, of his dad F4F-4, from Midway...

Well, looking back at your build, I went and looked more into Wake Island, only because I landed there for refueling when I was transferred to the Yorktown in the P.I. I have found an F4F-3 pilot Davidson from VMF-211. He also received the Navy Cross posthumously after failing to return from an action Dec 22, 1941.

So I hope I can look to you as a resource for the Wildcat.

James, your doing a cracker job on this Wildcat too mate.

I've bought an airbrush, but still need to find a compressor, so the wildcat has been put off for a little while until I can give it the paint job that it deserves. I've got to make a trip to the Philippines that may last about a week, but then I'll be back and modeling in full force, and the Academy 1/72 Helldiver will be entering the picture soon!

It is worth your time to get a quality compresser, don't do as I did and try to "save money", I have spent more replacing crap, than if I had just bought a good one in the first place.

I was lucky and arrived right as the flood subsided and got out right before a huge earthquake. Unfortunately, a leaking air conditioning unit, which severely damaged the wooden floor where my workstation was going to be, has to be dealt with. Everything seems to be sabotaging me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back