1/72 Lavochin LA 5 f - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
First name: sergio
Category: intermeadilly
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: AML #72038
Model Type: lavochin La-5
accesory: home decals

kit

AML72038.JPG

my model

merono3.jpg

Last edited:
Francisco meroño pellicer

56710.jpg

He was born on June 17, 1917, in the village of Mula province of Murcia. Soon he was orphaned by the mother on August 26, 1931. Joined soldier in Aviation Weapon.

On July 18, 1936, began the civil war and becomes a volunteer in the ranks of the Republican Army. Soon he moved to Madrid to serve on the airfield "Four Winds" in the capital, and in late 1936 left the airfield of Los Alcázeres (Murcia) to train as a pilot. Finally, he traveled to the city of Kirovabad, USSR, as a member of the First Promotion of students between January and April 1937 and returned to Spain in the summer of 1937 with the use of Sergeant Pilot (D.O. No 190 of 09.08.1937 ).

It was initially integrated into a squadron of I-16 Hispanic-Soviet until October 1937 he was assigned to the 1st Mosca based in Zaragoza Caspe airfield. Meroño this unit fought in the battles of Belchite and Teruel.

In March 1938 passed the 4th Mosca (being promoted in March 1938 to the rank of Lieutenant, OJ No 131 of 05.31.1938 ) Squadron in fighting in the Levant and participate in dogfights of Caspe, until the first phase battle of the Ebro, was deployed from the airfield pla goat (the town where I live).

In January 1939 he was given command of the 6th Squadron flies, led drive for the rest of the campaign of the Ebro, being granted in September employing Captain (D.O. No 295 of 11.11.1938 ).

After the battle of Catalonia crossed the Pyrenees With other Spanish Republicans, he made his way to France, where he was arrested and interned in a prison camp. With several others, Meroño managed to escape that summer before they were returned to the tender mercies of Franco's fascist regime, and they made their way to the Soviet Union shortly after the outbreak of war in September 1939.

The government of the Soviet Union with France manages the transfer of many Republicans to the USSR, where he worked in an automobile factory "Stalin" Moscow alongside other Spanish exiles airmen until the German invasion of the USSR. He met his future wife.

In the German invasion of the USSR voluntarily joined the ranks of the Red Army, along with 18 other airmen Spanish at the air fueraza and was assigned to the 1st Brigade Save Frontera and then went destined to Tula with 960 IAP of 125 IAD.

During the first three months of ongoing operations, piloted fighter aircraft YAK YAK-7-I (Soviet) type.

When Moscow is besieged (November 1941 - April 1942), involved in air defense until the end of March 1942, flying a Soviet fighter MIG-3. Below is featured in the company of Fernando Blanco Race and Vicente Rodrigo Beltran (components of group 19) at Tula Central Front sector. He flew many types of Soviet fighters, defended the sky of Moscow, Tula, and Stalingrad.

In the nearly two years of "work" in the Soviet sky, shot down seven German planes. Later in the summer of 1943, fight in the battle for Kursk Arch.

In the early days of fighting, was shot down by friendly fire and was badly wounded in the left leg and chest. He fell into a Russian front. By his foreign uniform, mistaken for a German or Italian rider; the soldiers revive for questioning once recovered, to understand what they talked among themselves soldiers, repressed with a barrage of blocks in Russian, which used only people with very low culture, practically slang, who spoke only in the suburbs city, supposedly no foreigner could know ... And it was so, precisely what saved his life.

After six months of recovery, significantly diminished their aviators powers, is intended as an instructor at a flight school, whose task is surprised at the end of the war.

In June 1948, he was discharged from the Air Force and went on to occupy a management position at a factory in civil aviation Moscow, tasks which he left in 1964 to travel to Cuba, where he worked as an internationalist mission as a technical advisor in the Enterprise commercial Cooperation (Cuban-Soviet) "AVIAEXPORT" located in Havana. He stayed there with his wife and daughter for six years, and at the end of this work, back to Moscow with his family to join a peaceful civilian life, accompanied by his eldest son.

Since then reside in that city, where he finds time to write his memoirs. In 1970 he was retired because of different diseases.

In 1975 published a book entitled "The Sky of Spain", and in 1985 released another, with the title "Aviators Spaniards in the Great Patriotic War", both published in Russian and Spanish by Progress Publishers Moscow.

He left in manuscript two unpublished works: "As it was" a true portrait of the life of a migrant in exile during the years of war and postwar, and "The" Gabrosos "Spanish", which is a series of stories about the lives of young orphans Spaniards.

In the late 80s, the Spanish government promoted him to colonel being officially recognized as retired, with the use of Aviation Weapon colonel of the Spanish Armed Forces.

He died on July 17, 1995 in Moscow (Russia), due to a myocardial infarction.

Last edited:
Are you going to convert the La-5F into the La-5? It sounds interesting.

nooooo, is a mistake of mine was climbing the aircraft photos and pictures wrong place La5F is not to Meroño ...... kit is the AML-72038 which is the A5 as the photo.

AML72038.JPG

I bought it yesterday and until a few days does not reach me.

Sorry, forgive my mistake

No problemo. Although I was looking forward to a such build. Keep working. :thumbleft:

Today I get a message telling me that the plane does not will be up within two months and then another month to send it to me, that if you receive them AML, this happens to me with a store that is less than 300 km from my home in valencia , Spain is mind blowing that may occur.

stay pending work is on time or not for the logical time to start it.
I'll have to think about doing another

the thread is closed the model I have rescanning I have confirmed that the deleted purchase order and did not send me the plane.

This is common here, I will make the request directly to AML but does not secure the term of the GB so to again be.

the thread is closed the model I have rescanning I have confirmed that the deleted purchase order and did not send me the plane.

This is common here, I will make the request directly to AML but does not secure the term of the GB so to again be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back