**** DONE: 1/72 Archangelskij Ar-2 - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
First name: sergio
Category: intermeadilly
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: pavla #72011
Model Type: Archangelskij Ar-2
accesory: none

IMG_4343.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
In the beginning of 1940, the Archangelskiy construction bureau in Zavod 22 aircraft factory worked hard on a perfectioning of the Tupolev SB bomber.
Two steps of development were taken in consideration:

an aerodynamic improvement of the plane to achiece a top speed of 500 km/h at 6500 m with M-105 or M-106 engines;
a full redesign of the plane to reach a top speed of 600 km/h.

Dive bombing tests

In 1939, TsAGI (The Central Istitute for Aero and Hydrodynamics) developed a special bomb lock called PB-3, that allowed SB to throw bombs while diving.
Tests were performed by the crews of Major Zhdanov, Captain Kovalchuk and Senior Lieutenants Subbotin and Piskunov, and show the good functioning of this device.
During trials of dive bombing from at an angle of 80°", crews confidently stacked bombs in a circle with a radius of 57 m at height of dump of bombs of 2000 m and in a circle with a radius of 126 m at height of dump of bombs of 4000 m.
For safe recovering after dive, a overload limitator was developed. This acted on elevators, limiting the overload to a pre-setted value (usually 2,9 g) whatever the diving angle, speed, bar position were.

On July, 15th, 1940 army tests of five serial bombers SB with 2M-105 and airscrews VISh-22E in diving variant began. The bomb lock PB-3 was installed. Simultaneously, also bombers with PB-3 and propellers VISh-23 were tested, also in diving variant.

SB-RK, later Ar-2

ar2prof-blackbandr.jpg

ar2prof-white2r.jpg

ar2prof-yellow2r.jpg

ar2prof-white3r.jpg

ar2prof-camor.jpg

ar2prof-white4r.jpg

ar2prof-red2r.jpg

Last edited:
thanks boys.

This will try to be on time is very wrong inside almost no detail, which lightens the way to specify it also has some very many task to remove two large remains of the injeccion.

IMG_4361.JPG

besides what I read online is not a very graceful mold not be wrong injectao if not for errors dimensions and costly retouching so I have the option of canivalizar the sb2 de novo that I have to improve it but then the katiskha of the Spanish civil war it lost it and is an airplane that I have enough appreciation and did not want to destroy the other so neither modifies so, according anger comes from box by bad this.

plenty of work to do, nooo.

I will not give you much of a story in post # 9 is not going to work almost nothing inside, to the cabin I make a more decent platform and little more,

IMG_4369.JPG

and me too with mc205 lie on the other GB, and ends up with work.

but this is not so in fact this aircraft also brings some pretty hard work necessary lace.

IMG_4370.JPG

IMG_4366.JPG

IMG_4368.JPG

IMG_4367.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back