1/72 P-51 Mustang by Italeri

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RAF Liberators

Airman 1st Class
Apr 17, 2009
Englishman in NZ
www.rafb24.com
I thought I'd have a wee play with something small (no rude comments please). I got this from the kids on father's day so I thought I'd throw it together. This is the first 1/72 kit I've made for about 10 years, it's a bit small to include the normal stuff I like to add but it's not bad.
I was quite impressed with the quality of the kit, it's an Italeri job and it's certainly of a better quality than I remember.
I had it done over the weekend, much to the kids delight.

The pictures are a bit dark, I was playing with the white balance again :shrug:

So now all is clear.

Anyway well done and glad to see a such nice P-51 model. The weathering looks great .However the effect on the port side aileron is a little bit exaggerated I think. Don't get me wrong please, simply just for future projects, these ailerons of the Mustang I were covered with canvas.However I don't remember if these were aluminium ( silver) painted.

Gary, as the background, and the overall colour balance looks ok in your pics on my monitor, I don't think you need to adjust the white balance. I think it just needs a touch more light, if you're using artificial light. They don't look that dark BTW.

I agree with Airframes' post. Much light and all will be fine.

Attachments

• P-51 Mustang I.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 152
these ailerons of the Mustang I were covered with canvas
They were? Bugger I thought they were an all aluminium skin, it was a pull up from the tape, I thought about repainting it but it was enamel and the drying time with the oil wash etc so I just thought it's flak damage...
I use an aluminium basecoat on all my aircraft models, then if I get any unwanted chpis or nicks during handling it all adds to the effect. I'll have to mask it off and respray/coat with Klear/wash/coat with Klear/weathe/Spray with Dullcoat that aileron again. But it's worth it with a blunder like that, will also finish the cannon barrels.

Oh...don't do it I mean the repainting. Leave it please.Add these berrels and all will be fine.

This is a tough crowd. Looks great RAF Lib. Would love to have that in my collection. Makes me want to get one. No better kudos than that.

Users who are viewing this thread