Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

upload_2018-6-9_19-46-53.png

Thanks for that chart Geo, but unless I am not seeing something, the only specification I see for number of bands seems to be only for denoting the chemical gas bombs. I should have specified that I am looking for explanation of the yellow marked GP bombs.

Good stuff Geo, between you and Andy I have all the info I need now. Thanks guys! Got the bombs painted up now, but gonna take some pics tomorrow in daylight as my indoor lighting doesn't do taking photos of these any favors.

Thanks to George and Andy, who set me straight with all the info I needed and then some, I have finished painting the bombs. Thanks guys!

0610181349.jpg

The top two have only the base colors applied and the bottom two have received some light weathering. Though I have the information for it, I am not going to bother with the black stenciling since these will be tucked way up in the bomb bay. The picture makes them appear greener than they actually are, in person the color is a dark olive drab. I used MM Acryl Green Drab FS34086. The stripes were mostly applied by hand and a fine brush, as the lines were so small that when initially masked and painted the tape took most of the stripes with it. Probably would have been better with the masking if I had airbrushed instead of brush painting, but I couldn't be bothered by the clean up and such for a very tiny amount of paint. The stripes are Aeromaster US Interior Yellow.

Pictures of bombs I have seen show many of them with a streaky appearance due to rain and dust while stacked in the dumps. For this I drybrushed Aeromaster French Tan, very diluted flat black streaked on then immediately wiped off to achieve a darker stain then lightly dry brushed with the original green drab to even some areas out. The fins were not weathered since these were added just before loading into the aircraft. The fuse on the nose was painted Tamiya flat aluminum and everything given a wash of raw umber oils for another filtering layer.

Phew! I think it took me less time to paint these than to write out the explanation! More soon.

Chad

Thanks Geo and Gnomey!

Making some more progress.

0611181725.jpg

The bombs are now in their racks.

Moving on to the radio room.
0611181723.jpg
0611181724.jpg

Not adding much detail here as the radio room is represented fairly well OOB. Painted up the radio units and table with acrylics and oil washes on the forward radio room bulkhead. The bottom picture is showing the wood shelves for the short range radios I scratched from scrap styrene. I may add some wires, still undecided.

0611181724a.jpg

The rear radio room bulkhead.

That's where I'm at right now. Researching the floor to get it painted up correctly any to add any details if necessary.

Chad

Last edited:
Great inners Chad :shocked!:
It seems that you are about to start putting the pieces together!

Saludos :thumbup:

SANCER SANCER
Thanks L-C, I'm getting closer, sometimes it seems like it will never be finished, keep finding more stuff to add :rolleyes:
The same thing has been happening to me :smug:, it seems that you are about to finish some stage, but you see, details or errors that can be improved, or simply improvise some "thing" not included in your kit. And it seems you will never end !! :wtf:

Your "Fortaleza Voladora" is looking great so far amigo mío :thumbup:

SANCER SANCER
You are exactly right, and muchos gracias mi amigo! Below is more proof I can't leave well enough alone.:D

0612181626.jpg

I decided the bomb bay needed some attention, so I added some wiring and plumbing with lead and copper wire and some pieces of styrene. This is before painting. Also notice I made the receptacles on either side of the door bottom for manually lowering and retracting the landing gear and bay doors. I tried to hand paint the stencils above these.

0612181709.jpg

And after careful detail painting and raw umber oil wash.

0612182128.jpg
0612182128a.jpg

The bomb bay is finished and sealed up! Closing the fuselage is inching closer. Still have to tackle the dorsal and ball turret before that though.

And guess what?
0612182131.jpg

I decided to add wires to the radios afterall. Also added another shelf for the equipment above the left radio.

That's all for now. Thanks all of you who have been following along with me, you guys keep me motivated to keep going.

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back