1/72 Scale Aircraft Hangar

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Inquiring minds want to know, what are you going to park in it?

Well to be honest my friend I would like to make the first plane in there a French one to honor a former forum member Phillippe Medard who passed on July 11th, 2015. A fellow aviation enthusiast who I was happy to call my friend, though I never met him...

Another way would be to put the roof structure a little bit up ( if not glued ) and/or move the walls more inside ...

The roof grate taken up ... however it will result in changings to the hangar height. And this will result in changings of the dimensions of the front and back walls too.

View attachment 365413

If side walls would be going to be moved inside the endings of the roof arches should be trimmed off at least as the yellow rectangle showes.

View attachment 365416

Because both corrections don't seem to be easy to make , the tapering of the top edges of the side walls seems to be the best way for getting the roof covering attached properly though.

Wojtek,

I have to admit these are some good ideas! I will definately giving some thought to these. Thanks for the extra effort you put into the pictures, it really makes it clear.

Again...

Thanks, Jim

My pleasure Jim. I think the problem with the wall top edge appeared because of the wall thickness. It is more than it should have been. Am I right?

BTW.. because of the wall thickness , the second way of correcting with the wall moving can be made in a little different way. Instead of trimming of these roof arch endings it should be possible to cut gaps in the walls according to the position of the endings. As memo serves the same way of attaching the arches was origin designed with the pre-cut walls for the hangar model. So, instead of trimming you would have to cut the gaps going more into the walls. In the way the arch endings can be inserted deeper into walls without working on the delicate roof lattice. Certainly the way lets you avoid of tapering of the top wall edges too.

Last edited:
I think I quoted the truss style at the beginning of this thread, which I imagine is fairly universal. But other than that the kit is from Poland, the brick face is from Germany, the base is likely from China and it's being built by an American! Truly a pan-global construction. Maybe that's why it's taking so long... :lol:

I think I quoted the truss style at the beginning of this thread, which I imagine is fairly universal. But other than that the kit is from Poland, the brick face is from Germany, the base is likely from China and it's being built by an American! Truly a pan-global construction. Maybe that's why it's taking so long... :lol:
Ah yes, multicultural, how urbane! What I was more asking was would you be looking more for RAF style bomb carts and accessories or USAAF style?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back