1/72 Scale Aircraft Hangar

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20170424_172521.jpg

20170424_172335.jpg

"Well...if you leave things sitting around unfinished, they're bound to get broken" - Teddy Hugo Edward Butler

With that in mind and with the pictures above to prove it, I best get a move on! Though the advise from Terry and especially Wojtek would have worked AND given me more head-room I elected to go with my original plan and shave the top edge of the two side walls down at an angle to match the curve of the roof rafters. Sorry brothers!

Scoring.JPG

First I setup a heavy metal straightedge to scribe a line that would act as a bottom guide as to what material to remove. I checked the distance of the straightedge from the top of the walls with the depth measuring end of my caliper to assure the line would be parallel. Using the pointed scribing tool I scored a deep line across the top of the brick work on both side walls.

20170409_174413.jpg

After that it was all file, sand and scrape until both walls were done and I was covered in styrene snow! It was slow going, whipping away the chips and checking my progress every so often, but I had just updated my Ipod with new music so it was a bit of a treat.

20170410_101919.jpg

Finally after cleaning up both side walls with a blow and a wet sponge it was FINALLY time to glue on the last of the windows. I used G-S HYPO Cement like I did with all the others and with a little patience and some toothpicks I was able to get the glue to stay on the clear styrene only when it was behind the white window frames. I weighted down both wall and window combinations with a bunch of books and 24 hours later it was done. Worked like a charm. Whew!

20170424_182251.jpg

Next up: Hiding the light wires

Users who are viewing this thread

Back