1:72 scale Revell Arado Ar 234

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The big reveal ! The cockpit glazing turned out way better than I thought it would, I'm pretty pleased. I may re do the rivets though and see if I can get them a bit more uniform in spacing and shape. Next the paint, best part, then I'll decide about the rivets.
81r.jpg
82r.jpg

I simulated my rivets by creating decals for them. I attached the file which you are welcome to download for your use. It's scaled for 1/48 so you will need to play with the size. The decals are printed to clear decal film and are designed to be applied over silver-painted frames.

13060212.jpg

Attachments

• Ar234 Canopy Rivets.jpg
    Ar234 Canopy Rivets.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 160
I simulated my rivets by creating decals for them. I attached the file which you are welcome to download for your use. It's scaled for 1/48 so you will need to play with the size. The decals are printed to clear decal film and are designed to be applied over silver-painted frames.

View attachment 490599
Cool idea ! So you printed them in black with clear holes then. I was wondering how I could get my printer to print silver for a minute until the coffee kicked in ! I'll try it. Thanks.

Cool idea ! So you printed them in black with clear holes then. I was wondering how I could get my printer to print silver for a minute until the coffee kicked in ! I'll try it. Thanks.

Yes, black strip with clear holes. Paint the frames silver and then apply the decals over them. Good luck.

I'm really impressed to see the magic you preform on this old kit.
I'm Always in awe for those who build these smaller scales and have the patience to detail all this tiny parts.!

Just read through your whole thread and all I can say is wow! Very nice work. I look forward to more.

Chad

Well it's been a while, kind of mothballed this kit for a while and then our two months of summer came up here on the fabulous wet coast. Yard work, sitting in the pool with a beer hanging out of my face and so on. At any rate I thought I would post up some pictures of my re start on this kit. The paint is done and decals. I added some bits to the landing gear to make them a bit more realistic and I have a set of resin wheels which I think are slightly too big for this scale but I'm not going to worry about it at this point. I also made some landing gear doors. If your familiar with this kit you know it doesn't really have any. The landing gear bays and doors are molded all in one piece. I may re do the frames on the canopy. I made some scaled down decals with my POS printer from the ones that Crimea_River posted and I might try them out to see how well it works. The decal film is kind of thick ! I also have been working on a couple of other kits. I'll post some pictures later. Nice to be back !

Attachments

• 84r.jpg
    84r.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 85r.jpg
    85r.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 208
  • 90r.jpg
    90r.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 225
  • 89r.jpg
    89r.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 194
Just found this thread - superb scratchbuilding mate, well done! (Bloody small in the 'One True Scale'!)

Great idea with the canopy rivet decals too, Andy.

What ? No Reese's Peanut Butter Cups ? I was robbed ! Great Pumpkin my A$$ ! Well finally it's time to sign off on this little baby. I kind of lost interest in it over the summer. The Resin wheels I ordered for it are too big. Without a reference I would guess they are closer to 1:60 scale but I decided to use them anyways. They look way better than the cartoonish kit ones. I also had to make a front landing gear as there was no way to fit the tire in the kit one. As for the cannopy. I tried Crimea_River's idea after scaling the file down he sent me. Now I don't know if it's because my printer is a complete POS or the fact that the decal paper is too thick but I experimented with it to see how it would look and it didn't, great idea though and thanks. I'll stay with the toothpick dots, I figure if most peoples eyes are getting anything like mine they won't notice how uneven they are. i want to build the C-3 Version but I'll definitely look for a better kit !

Attachments

• Ar-234 (91)r.jpg
    Ar-234 (91)r.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Ar-234 (92)r.jpg
    Ar-234 (92)r.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Ar-234 (93)r.jpg
    Ar-234 (93)r.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 302
  • AR-234 (94)r.jpg
    AR-234 (94)r.jpg