1/72 Testors SBD Dauntless "White 12" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, that was the show that turned me on to "Swede" and this particular SBD. The one thing from the show was that they showed the SBD in the incorrect color scheme in that episode.

That episode also has the aircraft that I will be doing for the next group build.

Nice. For the GB I am doing a side by side build with Vic Blashaw both Ju-87's. Depending how well it goes, I may go ahead and try either another Ju-87 or a Do-217.

But on Saturday I am going to the Hobby shop, I need more tools and maybe a kit :D

Lovely work Dirk. Hope your hand has stopped cramping after drilling all those holes in the dive brakes.

Lovely work Dirk. Hope your hand has stopped cramping after drilling all those holes in the dive brakes.

The Dive Brakes are nothing. I can do those in my sleep. You want to see what will cause a cramp or two look at these two photos.

Each porthole on both sides of the boat had to be drilled out.

OlympicPortholes001.jpg

OlympicPortholes002.jpg

Holy crap!

Can I send you my Eduard Pierced Steel Planking base? I'm thinking of drilling out the holes in the individual planks but don't have the marbles to do it.

Well done on both the ship and the dauntless. Dam! Drilling those portholes out must have taken forever!

Some nice work on a cheap kit Dirk and the 30's are a nice touch.Now the cruise liner in camo? is that the QM during WWII?Cheers

I can post some pictures if you'd like. The ship is far from completed. I just finished the one side and started the second.

No drill press, all the portholes were drilled out using a pin vice.

here are some photos of the Olympic

Attachement4.jpg

Attachement18.jpg

Attachement17.jpg

Attachement16.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

Thanks for looking

That looks really good there Dirk :thumbleft: That camo probably took alittle while I bet.Don't give up on her Sir.Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back