1/72nd scale 'Dan Air' Dakota.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Might have been a mirage - I have it on good authority that a certain establishment in Glasgow has a special offer on Guinness. Dancing girls are extra, by the hour - or, if pre-booked, in Swedish, can be available by the week. So, no Jan visible for a while methinks !!

That is looking pretty Good there Terry!I like her alot!! ;)

Thanks very much indeed. I'm just adding the finishing touches, with the antenna posts and wires, props and navigation lamps.
The display base is finished, and I should have some pics of the completed model later tonight.

Might have been a mirage - I have it on good authority that a certain establishment in Glasgow has a special offer on Guinness. Dancing girls are extra, by the hour - or, if pre-booked, in Swedish, can be available by the week. So, no Jan visible for a while methinks !!

Booking my trip now....

Thanks Hugh, and I may join you Andy !
It's now finished, after a total build time of 58 hours, including making the base. The colour scheme is representative, as there were some minor changes during service with Dan-Air, seeing the addition of thin black coach lines bordeing the red fuselage stripes, a slight change to the name lettering, with the addition of a red drop-outline, and culminating in the lower fuselage being painted mid grey.
The type face for the registration letters is not quite 100% accurate, but close enough I think. I'm fairly sure that this aircraft, along with the other three in the fleet, was fitted with small half doors at the wheel wells at some stage, but as they are not included in the kit, and I was unable to find any clear pictures or drawings of the shape, I omitted them, and use the excuse that they were possibly not fitted when the aircraft was first built!
Thanks again to you all for your interest and compliments during this build - tomorrow, she gets delivered !

Attachments

• Dak build 063.jpg
    Dak build 063.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Dak build 064.jpg
    Dak build 064.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 71
  • Dak build 065.jpg
    Dak build 065.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Dak build 066.jpg
    Dak build 066.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Dak build 080.jpg
    Dak build 080.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Dak build 075.jpg
    Dak build 075.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 79
Terry...just beautiful! Great work mate.

Btw, can you tell me how much is visible of the interior? Want to know how far I should go in detailing my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back