100 Group RAF Bomber Command

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So get yerself stuck in mate! BTW, whereabouts are you? Coincidence that I've been planning a 100 Group B17 for the past 20+ years!!

well sadly I cannot get the downloads to work from Marea

hey Terry can you find a decent copy of that Streetly title and hopeful it will not cost an arm and a leg ?

thanks all

E ~

Another one worth looking out for is also by Martin Streetly - called Confound and Destroy 100 Group and the Bomber Support campaign ISBN 0354 01180 4 my copy states first published in 1978!

Hello Merlin
You beat me. I just checked and that is the book by Streetly I have, it has much info in it, also on a/c. Also much info on German electronics and a/c, some of which maybe outdated by now, at lest the speed of He 219A-5/R2, my standard checking point, but Streetly correctly pointed out that very few of the post A-2 variants were produced...

Juha

For what it's worth, the book "A Thousand Shall Fall" by Murray Peden includes his experiences as a Fortress pilot with 214 Squadron of 100 Group. It was published in 1979 by Canada's Wings of Stittsville, Ontario, Canada, so i am not sure if it is still available. If not, a used book dealer should be able to supply a copy.
Hope this helps,

Don:)

So get yerself stuck in mate! BTW, whereabouts are you? Coincidence that I've been planning a 100 Group B17 for the past 20+ years!!

I'm down in Kent, I've not had the 100 Grp B17 in the pipeline for quite as long as you, perhaps maybe only 2 yrs but at the rate I'm going it could well be 20!

The other one's I really want to build at the moment are the 100 Grp B24, Coastal Command B17 and the captured Stirling and Lancaster. Shame there are no known photos of the Lanc! [/FONT][/COLOR]

Just purchased the book Merlin suggested will be interesting to see what the additions are or not mentioned

I am amazed it is still available! A bit heavy going in places, but still when you look back how much electronic development was accelerated by the war, and how more advanced the Western Allies were.

I am building a 100 Group Stirling and I ordered from a UK on line hobby shop a set of PE and resin parts. The set contains enough pieces to outfit one each Stirling, Lancaster and Halifax. Also available is a set for the B17 and the B24.
The prices were quite reasonable.

Dai

Users who are viewing this thread

Back