100 Group RAF Bomber Command

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well sadly I cannot get the downloads to work from Marea

hey Terry can you find a decent copy of that Streetly title and hopeful it will not cost an arm and a leg ?

thanks all

E ~

Another one worth looking out for is also by Martin Streetly - called Confound and Destroy 100 Group and the Bomber Support campaign ISBN 0354 01180 4 my copy states first published in 1978!

Hello Merlin
You beat me. I just checked and that is the book by Streetly I have, it has much info in it, also on a/c. Also much info on German electronics and a/c, some of which maybe outdated by now, at lest the speed of He 219A-5/R2, my standard checking point, but Streetly correctly pointed out that very few of the post A-2 variants were produced...

Juha

For what it's worth, the book "A Thousand Shall Fall" by Murray Peden includes his experiences as a Fortress pilot with 214 Squadron of 100 Group. It was published in 1979 by Canada's Wings of Stittsville, Ontario, Canada, so i am not sure if it is still available. If not, a used book dealer should be able to supply a copy.
Hope this helps,

Don

So get yerself stuck in mate! BTW, whereabouts are you? Coincidence that I've been planning a 100 Group B17 for the past 20+ years!!

I'm down in Kent, I've not had the 100 Grp B17 in the pipeline for quite as long as you, perhaps maybe only 2 yrs but at the rate I'm going it could well be 20!

The other one's I really want to build at the moment are the 100 Grp B24, Coastal Command B17 and the captured Stirling and Lancaster. Shame there are no known photos of the Lanc! [/FONT][/COLOR]

Just purchased the book Merlin suggested will be interesting to see what the additions are or not mentioned

I am amazed it is still available! A bit heavy going in places, but still when you look back how much electronic development was accelerated by the war, and how more advanced the Western Allies were.

I am building a 100 Group Stirling and I ordered from a UK on line hobby shop a set of PE and resin parts. The set contains enough pieces to outfit one each Stirling, Lancaster and Halifax. Also available is a set for the B17 and the B24.
The prices were quite reasonable.

Dai

Users who are viewing this thread