16 Spitfires flying together! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Battle of Britain air show at Duxford last year. There were so many people there it took me more than two hours to get near the place and then we parked on the grass verge and walked the last bit. Many,many people arrived later and were parked a good walk away.
I'm a regular for air shows at Duxford and I've never seen such a large crowd. Who says we don't remember?
Steve

Wow, must have been exciting to see in person. Cannot imagine the sound in person.

It's a very emotive sound for the Brits who obviously comprised most of the audience. I've said this before but non British people rarely grasp just what this little airplane means to us. There would have been a few moist eyes and lumpy throats.
It was also bl**dy loud!
Cheers
Steve

It's a very emotive sound for the Brits who obviously comprised most of the audience. I've said this before but non British people rarely grasp just what this little airplane means to us. There would have been a few moist eyes and lumpy throats.
It was also bl**dy loud!
Cheers
Steve

know the feeling well. we went to the mustangs and legends airshow in columbus in 08. they put 100 ponies in the air at one time. was indeed a sight to see and hear!

My word that sends shivers down the spine!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back