2010 World Cup - South Africa

Who are the World Cup Favorites? Pick your Top 3.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree. I think it will be a very tough match. I think Argentina has a better offense, but I think the German defense is probably better. If Germany wins, I think it will be because the Germans are more organized (something Germany is always known for).

Anyone else enjoying the Brazil vs Chile match?
Chile are giving Brazil a game, they're matching them in open play, they just seem to lack that sharp edge that will get them a goal. Two good goals from Brazil.

Should all be good games in the quarters. Hope Germany beat the Argentinians, really depends how well they can defend against them, the Argentines defence looks really poor. Brazil are looking good against Chile and unfortunately I think they stand a good chance against the Dutch (much as I would like to see the Dutch win). However it goes from here it looks like they will be good games as long as the officiated is good and not terrible as seems to have been usual for this World Cup.

I am watching the Brazil-Chile game right now. Brazil is leading fair and square, but I will be honest, I am not too impressed by them. They are certainly not the Brazilian side that we are all used to. The goals were spectacular, but you can easily chop them up to Chile mistakes as well. The Brazilian Defense and Middle Field are very suspect to me as well.

Still a very entertaining game.

I think the second half went to the Brazilians, that was a Godly third goal but you've got to hand it to Chile, they kept their composure, their discipline and they never gave up. They deserved a goal. Very enjoyable game.

Yep, they certainly didn't give up, fair play to them too. The commentators here were talking up the officials to and saying they were doing a good job and could do the final (British commentators + British officials ).

Should be a good game against the Dutch, be interesting to see the Brazilians come from a couple of goals behind. However even if they are a couple in front they will keep pushing a little so there will always be chances for the opposition if they can take them.

2nd half certainly was for Brazil. All in a very deserved win. Even though I do not think they are anything close to the older Brazilian teams, they will be a tough nut to crack from the Netherlands.

Looking forward to Span vs. Portugal tomorrow. Could we be up for the first Penalty Shootout of this World Cup?

Just got back from circuit-training
so missed the first half, saw the highlights at half-time though - what's the Spanish goalkeeper playing at?
He's missed his calling, he should have been a juggler...

Spain knocked off Portugal 1:0.

Another terrible call by the refs though. The goal was off sides. Not that the Germany and Argentina games were not badly called (they were both terrible calls by the refs), but this one was even more terrible because they only won by that one goal.

Overall though Spain was the much better team. They are going to be a tough team to beat here in the next few rounds.

What the hell was the red card about at the end, didn't see anything except the intent of a swinging elbow but no contact, disgraceful dive...

I did not see it at first either, but they showed it from several angles in slow motion on the German station here. The first few angles you did not see anything, but on the final angle, before the player from Portugal jumped he swung around and his elbow did hit the side of the Spanish players face. I do not think it was intentional though.

Last edited:
I have watched four games, and I am still in the dark about rules, fouls, etc. I understand the one ref that's been
making the bad calls has been benched, I think he dis-allowed one of the USA's goals in an earlier game.

Have there been a lot of bad calls ????

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread