2010 World Cup - South Africa

Who are the World Cup Favorites? Pick your Top 3.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bradley starts Ricardo Clark in Midfield. I don't have a good feeling about him.

Edit: And sure enough Clark gives the ball away and Boateng puts Ghana on the scoreboard first. DAMN! Get Clark OUTTA THERE!

Bahhumbug,phoohey,yeesh(USA losing),oh well now i can just relax and watch the games from a neutral point of view.

Ghana was the better team tonight. I think that the US had better chances, but they did not use them. The problem with the US team is they wait until they are down a goal or two before they wake up and play football. In the World Cup that is not a good strategy to play with, especially in the knockout rounds.

Ghana the better team......hardly

stepping on the back of US of A's players on purpose taking their jolly sweet time for ball in play. USA had plenty of chances but it did not turn up must say they sure got the screws on their last two games with dis-allowed goals, had they been accepted they really would of had a fighting chance. it's all for naught though

go Germany ! and if they lose, who cares then

Ghana the better team......hardly

stepping on the back of US of A's players on purpose taking their jolly sweet time for ball in play. USA had plenty of chances but it did not turn up must say they sure got the screws on their last two games with dis-allowed goals, had they been accepted they really would of had a fighting chance. it's all for naught though

While I agree toward the end that Ghana was taking their time and playing dirty to keep the score the way it was, when it counted they were the better team.

Sad but true...

Erich said:
go Germany ! and if they lose, who cares then

Going to be a tough match, but I think Germany can do it. As long as they show up and play they will do just fine. Word has it that Schweinsteiger will be able to play, which is a good thing. In my opinion he is a player that is not easily replaced.

Lets hope that Gary Lineker is correct when he said "Football is a simple game in which 22 players run around after a ball and in the end Germany always wins." :lol:

While I agree toward the end that Ghana was taking their time and playing dirty to keep the score the way it was, when it counted they were the better team
That's possessional play
and it's hardly dirty; if the US were one goal up I'd consider them bloody mad if they didn't do the same. Any team one goal up esp in the dying minutes, is going to shut up shop and keep the ball off you; if you're one goal down then it's your job to re-take possession and yes, it's usually an uphill task.

Bear in mind you can be booked for over-doing it

Tonight's goals looked more like US defensive errors than outright seriously good Ghana strikes. I gave Ghana the first half, the US the second half and Ghana extra time. On the run of play, I thought the US were heading into extra time carrying more of an advantage. In the last 10 minutes of extra time, the US looked pretty pooped.

Agree though, the US have got to learn to get out front from the get-go, not try and haul it back from a goal (or more) behind; try that against teams like Italy - it won't work.

That's possessional play
Agree though, the US have got to learn to get out front from the get-go, not try and haul it back from a goal (or more) behind; try that against teams like Italy - it won't work.

Maybe you can call up Bradley and pass that tidbit on to him.

That's possessional play
and it's hardly dirty; if the US were one goal up I'd consider them bloody mad if they didn't do the same. Any team one goal up esp in the dying minutes, is going to shut up shop and keep the ball off you; if you're one goal down then it's your job to re-take possession and yes, it's usually an uphill task.

Taking dives and pretending to be hurt is possessional play? Being carried off the field while pretending to be hurt and then getting up and running with a big smile on your face is okay? Yeah okay...

Are you sure you are not Italian?

The time is near.

England expects.

I need England to win. England must give 100% effort to beat the Germans. If England lose and they are beaten by the better side...no shame in that...if they play rubbish then they deserve to go out.

Too close to call.

Come on England!!!!!

England gets ROBBED! Lampard scores and no goal is given. That wasn't even close - Ball was in by at least a yard!!! Best argument for replay I've seen so far.

Germany leads 2-1. Both teams playing TERRIBLE defense!

Last edited:
I feel for England,another poor stinking call by the refs...

England are lucky we are not 4 or 5 down, the back four had a shocking first 30 minutes.
seemed to have been shocked into playing now though

James made one great save to stuff Klose or they would be easily down by two.

Lampard is having a tough day! Has a good goal not called and then rattles the crossbar from 34 meters!

C'MON ENGLAND!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back