2010 World Cup - South Africa

Who are the World Cup Favorites? Pick your Top 3.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agree with many of the points of the article Colin. I think however they should take more from Rugby than just penalty goals. I think the sin-bin should come to football in some form or kind to improve the situation with caution-able offences.

As for the final it was a poor one and wasn't a great advert for the game. At times it was vicious but in the end the best team did win although it was pretty boring to watch Spain play. Much preferred the Germans brand of expansive football.

Interesting article Colin and touches base on some of my thoughts, hopefully Fifa starts a path towards goal line tech, extra refs not a bad idea either,blue cards or penalty box(sin bins?) for dives etc .

Little late, but I was enjoying my vacation :)
Yes, the game was utterly boring. If it hadn't been our team that was playing, I would have turned off the TV. I saw two teams afraid to play, the Spanish not less than the Dutch. In the end the Spanish won by having the referee at their side and the Dutch playing terrible. I don't agree the Spanish were the best of the game, they were as bad as the Dutch. I think it could have gone either way, right up 'till the red card.

Yes, the Dutch should have had at least 1 red card at the start, but having said that, the referee was drawing his cards very quick and a saw quite a few that were not deserved, cards and free kicks.

Anyway, not wanting to be a bad looser, congratulations Spain. You were of the two teams the slightly less bad playing one.

The German trainer Loew and his staff have extended their contracts through 2012 and the European Cup. I am very a happy for this because I truly believe that Loew is doing an amazing job with this team and it is only going to get better. I think they have a good shot at the Euro 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back