2010 World Cup - South Africa

Who are the World Cup Favorites? Pick your Top 3.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I must admit
I'm still not convinced by Holland, at 3-1 they should have shut up shop and thrown away the key. Instead, Uruguay pressed them, noticeably rattling them; Holland seemed to have defensive difficulties getting them out of their 18-yard, Uruguay's second goal should have been closed down long before the strike.

I found myself on the edge of my chair wondering if Holland were going to hang on.

If that was the finishing touches and they're now firing on all cylinders, then great. If not, Germany (God willing) will slice through them, it will be another game with a hatful of goals for the Germans.

Anyway, no S American teams in the final, thank God

Well, they seemed to have it under control until the goal which appeared from thin air. Then Uruguay made a desperate offensive, which is always nerve-breaking. My problem with the team is that they have never dominated one game in this tournament. They just seem to win, but everyone wonders why. The only quality they seem to have is that they have a strong backbone, not hanging their heads when things go wrong (like in the Brazil- and Uruguay games). When they play the final on Sunday against Germany, this won't be enough. But I can live with Germany as a winner. I think they have been the best team in this tournament.
I hope so my friend, I really do! I am praying that Germany beats Spain tomorrow night and we get to battle in the Final on Sunday. It will be an epic and very historical match if you ask me. It always is when Germany plays the Netherlands.
Yes, it'll be a spectacle. Hope they keep it fair and make it a worthy final.

Last edited:
Congratulations Spain...

The better team won tonight. Spain was able to keep Germany from even getting any offense going. The German defense played a good game in my opinion, but that will not win a game against Spain. Spain displayed why they are the best team in the world at the moment. Good job, what else can I say. Germany did not get any offense going, and what little they did, they did not capitalize on. I think Germany did one of two things. One, they were missing Thomas Mueller. Two, they had to much respect for Spain. Spain was not spectacular in my opinion, but they were effective and they were the better team.

1. Fair and square. Good job Spain. Well deserved entry into the Final of the World Cup.

2. Come on Netherlands! I will be hoping that you stop this Spanish machine! Win your first World Cup and avenge Germany!

Spain was not spectacular in my opinion, but they were effective and they were the better team
Germany can be proud of themselves, they lit the tournament up with their attacking flare and their solid team identity. They were a pleasure to watch.

I think a crucial difference between the two sides tonight was when either side got into their opponent's six-yard; Spain were throwing themselves bodily at the ball in an effort to get it over the line. Spain looked hungry tonight.

Germany can be proud of themselves, they lit the tournament up with their attacking flare and their solid team identity. They were a pleasure to watch.

I think a crucial difference between the two sides tonight was when either side got into their opponent's six-yard; Spain were throwing themselves bodily at the ball in an effort to get it over the line. Spain looked hungry tonight.

They absolutely did. Spain played the kind of Football they were trying all tournament long and were not able to. They did it tonight. They were the better team.

I am not to sad. Germany played a great World Cup. No questions asked. This is a young team, and I think that they can only get better. The future is bright for this German team. I just hope the Loew continues. He has done an amazing job with this team, and I think he can only help them get better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back