2010 World Cup - South Africa

Who are the World Cup Favorites? Pick your Top 3.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And Uruguay equalizes on a great shot by Forlan! 1- all halftime
Great shot indeed
don't want to take anything away from Forlan, he seized the opportunity but that was poor Dutch defending; they gave him the space he needed to make the great shot

If they reach the final against Germany they can expect to be punished for defending like that

Okay you guys win ... :lol: Just saw the replay again and Steklenburg really should have had that - and yes the dutch defense gave Forlan way too much room. :lol: It still counts though.

2 beautiful goals so far! I am enjoying watching this game (the 2 beers that I drank that half are helping though...;)).

Agreed with Colin though, that the Dutch Defense is leaving two much space. All in all, I have not seen too much Defense from either team. If Germany wins tomorrow (again I say IF, because Spain is a very good team), they should have a great time with the holes that either of these two defenses are leaving open.

Okay you guys win ... :lol: Just saw the replay again and Steklenburg really should have had that - and yes the dutch defense gave Forlan way too much room. :lol: It still counts though.

It was still a great shot, beautifully placed and well kicked.

Thoughts about Van Persie being offside for the first (Sneijder's) but I thought he was OK. Nothing wrong with the third by Robben though, well worked and he scored with his head which you don't see very often. Should be the Dutch into the final now.

van Persie was close - REALLY close - one of the commentators thought he WAS offside - I'm not sure. Have to see it again.

No questions on Robben's goal though.

Nah, he wasn't offside when you look at it. Perhaps his toe is but the linesman isn't going to give that. Lucky goal but what the game needed. The third was nice and well worked but nothing on the first two goals of this game.

Nah, he wasn't offside when you look at it. Perhaps his toe is but the linesman isn't going to give that. Lucky goal but what the game needed. The third was nice and well worked but nothing on the first two goals of this game.
Yes, he was offside in my book. Can anyone explain how the worst Dutch team since 1986 is in the final of the Worldcup now? Still, very happy :D
Now:

GO GERMANY!!!!!!!

We did our part, now you must do the the same.

ed: van Persie was not offside, just saw the replay real good, but it was close.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain how the worst Dutch team since 1986 is in the final of the Worldcup now?
I must admit
I'm still not convinced by Holland, at 3-1 they should have shut up shop and thrown away the key. Instead, Uruguay pressed them, noticeably rattling them; Holland seemed to have defensive difficulties getting them out of their 18-yard, Uruguay's second goal should have been closed down long before the strike.

I found myself on the edge of my chair wondering if Holland were going to hang on.

If that was the finishing touches and they're now firing on all cylinders, then great. If not, Germany (God willing) will slice through them, it will be another game with a hatful of goals for the Germans.

Anyway, no S American teams in the final, thank God

Congratulations Netherlands on reaching your 3rd World Cup Final! Hopefully Germany will beat Spain tomorrow and make to our 8th World Cup Final (just had to throw that in there...;)). That will be such a great game.

Nothing wrong with the third by Robben though, well worked and he scored with his head which you don't see very often. Should be the Dutch into the final now.

I was thinking the same thing. Why can't he do that for my favorite club team Bayern??? Oh well he scores with his feet for us just as well. :lol:

Yes, he was offside in my book. Can anyone explain how the worst Dutch team since 1986 is in the final of the Worldcup now? Still, very happy :D
Now:

GO GERMANY!!!!!!!

We did our part, now you must do the the same.

ed: van Persie was not offside, just saw the replay real good, but it was close.

I hope so my friend, I really do! I am praying that Germany beats Spain tomorrow night and we get to battle in the Final on Sunday. It will be an epic and very historical match if you ask me. It always is when Germany plays the Netherlands.

Anyway, no S American teams in the final, thank God

I am happy as well.

1. Finally a European team will win a World Cup when it is not being held on European Soil.

2. I was getting tired of all the South Americans talking about how they were dominating the World Cup. How they were so much better than the European Teams.

Where is the South American Dominance now?

Last edited:
tail between their legs Chris, and bowing their heads in shame .............

yes it is Euro all the way this cup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back