2010 World Cup - South Africa

Who are the World Cup Favorites? Pick your Top 3.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I suggest that the octopus should be the new England manager. His knowledge of football seems to be first rate.

Why kill the octopus? He weren't playing.

Anyhoo...the 8 tentacles one has gone for Germany and Spain for the win.

Goddam that Octopus knows his stuff.

The final was total boring...paint drying stuff.

Glad the Spanish won...at least they wanted to kick the football.

The Dutch wanted to kick the Spanish.

The Dutch were lucky not to end up more than one man down, van Bommel must have a guardian angel watching over him, his tackling is abysmal

Robben can reflect on two missed opportunities

I watched most of the game. I will be the first to admit I do not understand the game, not knowing the rules; what
constitutes a foul, when someone is "offside", or what all the markings on the playing field mean. However, I do
know the object of the game..... to score a goal.

I noticed that all the players, of both teams, are outstanding actors. Gee, when one knocks another down, he rolls
around on the ground holding his leg like he was really injured. After the ref decides whether or not he was fouled,
he gets up as if nothing happened. There are exceptions, like the guy who got kicked in the chest. That had to hurt !

My condolences to the Dutch for losing. I really don't know whether either side "played a good game", but because
Spain won, they must have done something right...... or were they just "lucky" ??

I am glad that the game of soccer is not very popular in the US. I found the game today extremely boring. I cannot
for the life of me understand why people riot over a disputed call by a ref, or a foul that wasn't called. I have read
about riots over a soccer game that killed people and destroyed autos and businesses. Why ????

The Basket said:
Glad the Spanish won...at least they wanted to kick the football.

That's strange... I didn't see a football anywhere on the playing field !!!

Charles

Last edited:
Charles, an offside is when an attacking player (not on his side of the field) is past the last defender on the other time so basically he is between the last defender and the other teams goalie. Thats a foul. However, if he is past the last defender after a pass is sent, he's fine.

Yes they're good actors.

Soccer CAN get boring ON the TV. I play soccer on the school team in middle school and goalie now for HS and its a whole lot more exciting when your on the field.

the ref bottled a couple of big decisions and didnt have a great game, that said i dont think it was an easy game to referee.
it was such a shame the dutch players spent more time kicking the spanish than trying to win
i think they are a better side than that and was roooting for them to win at first, but after a very negative first half where they could of easyilly had 2 red cards if not 3 i changed to supporting spain and was glad they won.

Yup congrats to Spain, I think thou FIFA has some homework to do, especially with replay on goals and really were those the best refs to be put into play for such an event? and I understand it's sometimes hard to call a dive but they need to do a better job to keep the flow of the game going(maybe a 2 minute penalty in a penalty box ala hockey lol). As for not understanding the game that depends how interested you are to follow the game, Example for me Cricket, I don't follow it so I don't try to understand it thou i'll watch a bit of it now and then for curiosities sake. All in all I enjoyed watching as many games as I could, this besides the Olympics are the only events that can be truely deemed a World Championship game...

I am glad that the game of soccer is not very popular in the US. I found the game today extremely boring. I cannot
for the life of me understand why people riot over a disputed call by a ref, or a foul that wasn't called. I have read
about riots over a soccer game that killed people and destroyed autos and businesses. Why ????

That's strange... I didn't see a football anywhere on the playing field !!!

Charles

A problem there following the game if you can't see the football. That the game right there!

It was that bag of wind the guys in shorts were kicking.

But when you're right, you're right....the game was total garbage.

A real shame that the showcase of Football should be given to the masses in such a bad manner,

I'm sure guys around the world watched that game to see the fuss and found it was as bad as they feared.

But if you watched the Germany Uruguay game then that was a good entertaining game...really enjoyed it.

I have read about riots over a soccer game that killed people and destroyed autos and businesses
Don't forget the soccer game that started a war; the last engagement between opposing airforces where both were flying piston-engined fighters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back