2014 Foto Fest Mk.II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CT-114114058YKF27Jun14.jpg

CT-114 Tutor 114058 RCAF

Cheers,

Jeff

Good morning lads. Start of a new month and yesterday started the air show / fly -in season for me so I thought I would start a new thread to include photos taken this year from my part of the world. I know last week I mentioned in a thread that June would be Mustang Month but I am going to postpone that till the off season and for the next few months the pictures in the post will be taken at 2014 events. I will return to past years photos at a later date.

Yesterday saw the first, and hopefully annual BCATP fly- in that was hosted by the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum located in Hamilton Ontario. The weather was perfect, 23 degrees celsius and clear blue skies. As usual I arrived before the gates opened but I was able to get a number of shots over and through various fences next to the museum. I also managed to shoot some of the local freighters, DC-10s and 727s which fly for Purolator or Kelowna Flightcraft. As opening approached I trekked up to the north end of the airport as Runway 06 was the active and positioned myself to catch the arrivals. I remained there until about 11:00, just after the Lancaster returned from a one hour local paying customer flight and then headed inside the museum and out onto the tarmac.

Many of the airframes were familiar to me as they are "local" birds but there were a few new ones. The CWH had pulled out their BCATP stuff, some of which were busy flying paying folks and some which are currently not airworthy but still looking great. The CWH also had their new C-47 on the ramp and I must say it looks great in the green and white scheme it carries as a left over from its government service days here in Canada. I had not seen this aircraft for probably close to 20 years so it was nice to renew our acquaintance.

Anyhow, enough rambling, you guys did not come here to read, I assume you came for the pictures so lets begin.

IMG_0443.jpg

Partial ramp shot from CWH observation deck.

IMG_0441.jpg

another deck shot

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff, Stunning photos. Amazing. What an apron!

Thanks for all the nice comments fellas. I will be leaving in about 20 minutes for the weekend, it is the Geneseo weekend. Geneseo is a 4500 foot long grass strip in New York State...simply a superb setting. To my liking, the two stars of the show have already arrived in Genny, the Mosquito and the P-38 Ruff Stuff. Lots of other great aircraft as well but the Mosquito on grass has me pumped.

Play nice while I am gone and I will be back on Monday morning with more photos for you all.

Cheers,

B-17GN3193GYKF28Jun145.jpg

Jeff

Gentlemen. I have returned home a day early due to bad weather in the Genesee valley but Friday and Saturday were top shelf. A real good mix of aircraft ( slightly light on big iron ) but what was present was fantastic. Biggest treat...the Mossie off the grass followed by the P-38. Biggest let down...cancellation of MAM's Spitfire due to soggy field conditions in Virginia and the fact it is a grass strip there as well.

Anyhow....hope you like this tidbit of what is to come.

IMG_0090_zps74555d2d.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back