2014 Foto Fest

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good morning lads. I have been in Florida for a while and will return home late Wednesday coming. Look for more updates starting Thursday morning. I went to Kermit Weeks' Fantasy of Flight yesterday and he flew his FM-2 Wildcat.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hey all. Stuck here in Florida as my flight home yesterday was cancelled due to winter weatheriat home. Can't get home till late Saturday now so it will be Sunday before more photos appear.

Cheers,

Jeff

I'm back home boys and not enjoying the change in weather. Went from mid 20s C ( mid 70s F ) to an overnight low of -20C and only a high of -8C today. Oh well, lets make the best of a bad situation shall we and with your permission I will be running out some Fantasy of Flight stuff for the next little bit.

IMG_0013_zps6e56ce29.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited:
IMG_0003.jpg

What a beautiful sight that greets visitors to the museum. Kermit was present and explained that the museum will be closing in April and over the next while will be turned into an aviation theme park. The aircraft will still be a huge part of the revamped FOF but as he said, there is simply insufficient #s of visitors as it currently is set up for the museum to make a good go of it. Should be interesting to see what his vision is for the site.

Cheers,

Jeff

Some nice pics there Jeff (can't comment on the Wil... that thing, of course!).
The B-17 is interesting - has it been cut open around the forward hatch, to allow easier access for visitors, or is it perhaps that 'movie prop' replica, built around part (?) of a real B-17 ?

Some nice pics there Jeff (can't comment on the Wil... that thing, of course!).
The B-17 is interesting - has it been cut open around the forward hatch, to allow easier access for visitors, or is it perhaps that 'movie prop' replica, built around part (?) of a real B-17 ?

It is an actual B-17 that one can tour through. You enter via the rear door and make your way forward. I wish I had spent more time inside her but I was anxious to get to the display area before too many people entered the museum.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back