Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other:

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soccer is, after all, a game of precision kicking...use that talent to put Suarez' huevos into orbit next time he bites.

That would probably make him think twice about biting anyone in the future.

Soccer and all forms of football were always organised violence, it was banned for hundreds of years in UK, a game of football used to be a fight between two parts of a town or two small towns...nothing changes much lol

Sorry Karl, would have been nice if England would have come further. But at least you've got the chance to support The Netherlands now ;)

Suarez should not be allowed to play again. He never learns. It's the third time indeed. Hope the fifa will step in and ban him. It's been done before.
Wouldn't mind if you guys did win the whole thing !

That's what I don't get. I watched a video of Suarez biting someone else on the arm, and you'd think he'd give him a whack with his free arm. Certainly in hockey I'd imagine he'd be beaten pretty badly. Maybe it's the shock of being bitten, I don't know.
Maybe,but if you hit him, you'll be punished as well.
Hear fifa will investigate. Hopefully he'll be banned from playing internationally. He should have gotten a red card, bringing Italy in the game again. Another bad call from a referee on this tournament.

Luis Suarez's controversies

July 2010 - Handles on the line to deny Ghana a winner in the last minute of extra-time in the World Cup quarter-finals. Asamoah Gyan misses the resulting penalty and Uruguay win the shootout to reach the semi-finals.

November 2010 - Given seven- match ban for biting PSV Eindhoven's Otman Bakkal on the shoulder while playing for Ajax.

December 2011 - Given eight-match suspension and fined £40,000 for racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

February 2012 - Refuses to shake hands with Evra at Old Trafford and is described as a "disgrace" by Sir Alex Ferguson.

April 2013 - Suarez apologises for his "inexcusable behaviour" for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic and receives a 10-game ban.

Something is seriously wrong with this a$$-hat.

Well here we go, this game is being hyped big time here(US vs Germany), Lets see what the US can do against one of the best.

Well here we go, this game is being hyped big time here(US vs Germany), Lets see what the US can do against one of the best.

I am a Brit in Germany, the Germans have a lot of respect for the USA and all accept they need to play at their best, looking forward to it, may the best team win (but I think it will be a draw)

Luis Suarez's controversies

July 2010 - Handles on the line to deny Ghana a winner in the last minute of extra-time in the World Cup quarter-finals. Asamoah Gyan misses the resulting penalty and Uruguay win the shootout to reach the semi-finals.

November 2010 - Given seven- match ban for biting PSV Eindhoven's Otman Bakkal on the shoulder while playing for Ajax.

December 2011 - Given eight-match suspension and fined £40,000 for racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

February 2012 - Refuses to shake hands with Evra at Old Trafford and is described as a "disgrace" by Sir Alex Ferguson.

April 2013 - Suarez apologises for his "inexcusable behaviour" for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic and receives a 10-game ban.

Something is seriously wrong with this a$$-hat.

Fortunately Suarez wasn't playing Germany or he would be eating a Shoulder of Lahm.

(yes Ill get my coat)

Maybe,but if you hit him, you'll be punished as well.

Playing a different game with an oval ball I was spat on by an opponent. I did react and gave him a good thump. Whistle blows and I'm sent off (quite rightly). As I left I said to the referee "Sir, he spat at me" and received the reply "If I'd seen that he'd have gone too."

A lesson in life right there and, yes, in Rugby you always address the referee as Sir.

Cheers

Steve

Too short, he'll never learn.

I agree. He is a repeat offender, should have been banned for at least a year. Also some kind of meaningful financial sanction. Meaningful, for a man who earns what he does, means really substantial and applied to him, not his club or national association/federation.

The man is a serial offender. This ban, added to previous penalties for racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra and for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic, means that Suarez will have been suspended for 34 matches since 2010 without receiving a red card on the pitch.

We should be grateful that FIFA didn't buy Uruguay's defence which was essentially that the whole biting incident had been blown up and contrived by a bizarre Anglo-Italian press alliance, in a fit of pique at being eliminated, with a bit of help from potential future opponents, Brazil.
The whole bizarre argument says more about Uruguayan attitudes than those of the English or Italians. The English are simply resigned to their fate and I've not heard a bad word said about the Uruguayans generally. I suspect the Italians are the same.

Steve

Last edited:
The worst I thought was the fact that Uruguay acted like it was normal behaviour. "We did not select him for his manner but because he can play well". So that makes this acceptable?
If I would bite someone in the street, I would be in jail for assault. So Suarez' penalty is not so severe after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back