Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other:

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was Robben's penalty a floppy dive?

Well not really, he was hit on the foot and so a penalty could be called, but he was very eager to go down and it was not severe enough in my eyes to give a penalty for it. On the other hand, in the first half he didn't get a penalty when it really was a major fault (one on the anckle and one against his shin at the same time), so I guess the referee was making up to Robben.

The clearest photo I've seen...

amX3GLv_460s.jpg

In every country, in every sport, on every team, there are divers(especially diving, bloody divers). Until the heads of all sporting groups learn how to properly identify and punish the divers, it will remain.

Geo

View attachment 266185

In every country, in every sport, on every team, there are divers(especially diving, bloody divers). Until the heads of all sporting groups learn how to properly identify and punish the divers, it will remain.

Geo
well, that's a hit as far as I can see and no ball near, so according to regulation, this is a proper penalty. As I said, I wouldn't have given it, but there's nothing wrong in doing so.

Well not really, he was hit on the foot and so a penalty could be called, but he was very eager to go down and it was not severe enough in my eyes to give a penalty for it. On the other hand, in the first half he didn't get a penalty when it really was a major fault (one on the anckle and one against his shin at the same time), so I guess the referee was making up to Robben.

Interesting, Robben apologized for the first one saying it was s dive and he should not do that.

View attachment 266185

Geo

Exactly. Robben plays for my favorite club team Bayern Munich, and I love the guy but he is notorious in the Bundesliga for being a serious diver.

Interesting, Robben apologized for the first one saying it was s dive and he should not do that.

No what he actually said was that there were 2 moments in the first half where he could have had a penalty, but in one of the moments he dived to fast, so could be called a swalbe. The penalty was not given, so no harm done. I've seen the interview, which was in Dutch. It's amazing how all non-dutch speaking media have misunderstood his words. I've seen many versions already and none were correct :lol:

Diving should be considered cheating.
And divers treated as cheats.

I still England will win world cup.
I believe and faith is strong.

*chokes upon his tea* Yes, they faith we have that the England team will always win no matter what is so strong that our players can never live up to it, even if they could ever bothered to or would be allowed to play together more reguarly, then we wouldn't even need to enter it at all.

That and the saddening fact that as soon as we do enter, we (I mean the UK media) only ever talks about 1966 - and that always dooms us, let alone we end up anywhere near Germany, then not even the ubiquitous cup of tea can save us like it does in war. We should stick to designing the Batmobiles, Rugby, Ale and teaching others how stiff our lips are, and perhaps cricket too, we score on average better at that too.

I blame the citizens for falling for the bollox, that the UK media pervades every time the ferkin same páska every 4 years ad nasuium, and the F(ekin)A(rrisoles) too. Also blame UK FC teams for thinking too little on somethings and not enough on others.

Our Footy Academies reject 90%, though in doing so they de-sportify young developing minds and bodies while dash their dreams usually with little more than a generic printed paragraph of an excuse, let alone the hopes of their naturally blinkered and overly supportive pushy parents.

Our teams have more players who are skilled from better countries in them, so our national players are left milling around like sheep without a dog let alone a farmer who can whistle and... and... I give up. ..erm, do you think I'm a footy fan, I think peeps can gather whether I am or not.

Lets get back to our most ancient game of Cricket, roughly 900 years old from its fist historical reference - could it have been a form of hand to eye cordination and muscle training for sword play - bat swings are vaguely sword like....

We need something akin to hand and eye and team cordination for our national team players... tech em dodge ball/a-brick and net ball, they might be better at it. At least we don't bite often (enough?) or fake injuries all the time- oh poop.

I voted for Germany, because since were out, at least their our next best support choice, that and they generally do better at it each time than we hope to equal. As Briton being part Anglo Saxon and part tri-Celt rather them than forgive me, France.

Last edited:
Very impressed with the way Chile went about their business.
Very impressed with Costa Rica.
I remember when Algeria were absolute garbage and even England could beat them.
Algeria are much better now.
If England had played a better team, they would have been torn to shreds.

Football is moved on and it aint 1966 no more.

Not impressed with Germany against Algeria. They have some serious issues at the moment.

If Germany manages to get past Algeria, they won't get past France playing like this. Loew's system is not working. His changes in the defense and middle field are not working. The quality of players are there, just not the way he is utilizing them.

Adler do I have to remind you...foorball is a game of 22 players and Germany wins (Gary Linaker 1990)

Told you Germany 1 - 0 Algeria

Think Germany v France could be quite an even game, if they go through, Algeria need some composure in Germany's half and they could grab a goal !

If Germany plays this way against France (if they beat Algeria), France will have no problem.

Of course in the knockout round anything is possible. All teams play with nothing to lose.

2-0 Game over.......Germany never looked like losing and that is as i,portant as looking like the winner

2-1 final score

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back