*chokes upon his tea* Yes, they faith we have that the England team will always win no matter what is so strong that our players can never live up to it, even if they could ever bothered to or would be allowed to play together more reguarly, then we wouldn't even need to enter it at all.
That and the saddening fact that as soon as we do enter, we (I mean the UK media) only ever talks about 1966 - and that always dooms us, let alone we end up anywhere near Germany, then not even the ubiquitous cup of tea can save us like it does in war. We should stick to designing the Batmobiles, Rugby, Ale and teaching others how stiff our lips are, and perhaps cricket too, we score on average better at that too.
I blame the citizens for falling for the bollox, that the UK media pervades every time the ferkin same páska every 4 years ad nasuium, and the F(ekin)A(rrisoles) too. Also blame UK FC teams for thinking too little on somethings and not enough on others.
Our Footy Academies reject 90%, though in doing so they de-sportify young developing minds and bodies while dash their dreams usually with little more than a generic printed paragraph of an excuse, let alone the hopes of their naturally blinkered and overly supportive pushy parents.
Our teams have more players who are skilled from better countries in them, so our national players are left milling around like sheep without a dog let alone a farmer who can whistle and... and... I give up. ..erm, do you think I'm a footy fan, I think peeps can gather whether I am or not.
Lets get back to our most ancient game of Cricket, roughly 900 years old from its fist historical reference - could it have been a form of hand to eye cordination and muscle training for sword play - bat swings are vaguely sword like....
We need something akin to hand and eye and team cordination for our national team players... tech em dodge ball/a-brick and net ball, they might be better at it. At least we don't bite often (enough?) or fake injuries all the time- oh poop.
I voted for Germany, because since were out, at least their our next best support choice, that and they generally do better at it each time than we hope to equal. As Briton being part Anglo Saxon and part tri-Celt rather them than forgive me, France.