Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other:

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I would bite someone in the street, I would be in jail for assault.

We have many different 'grades' of assault in England and Wales but it is certainly Common Assault at the very least and might be an assault causing Actual Bodily Harm (ABH).

I'd do him for unlawful wounding or causing Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH) for which you can get five years, but it's not up to me :)

Steve

Way to go Germany! Congrats on winning the group. Did not play balls to the wall, just enough to win.

Congrats to the US team as well. Well deserved advancing out of the group.

What can I say, both my teams made it.

Well that might be, but this really was a great game. Chile could easily have won.
The thing I hate is that the public starts whisteling every time Chile had to take the penalty. Brazilian supporters don't seem to be the most sportive in my opinion.

I do not like games to end in penalty kicks or hockey shootouts. You play until there is one man standing if you have to.
concept.
Geo

You can't do that when the team that eventually wins will have to play another game in a few days time. It would give their opponents an unfair advantage, assuming that they had won in normal time. It was one of the reasons for the introduction of the much maligned and soon abandoned 'golden goal' concept.

Glad to see the back of Uruguay. The fact that the Uruguayan FA, in fact Uruguay in general, don't seem able to acknowledge that there is a problem with Luis 'I lost my balance' Suarez is truly alarming.

Cheers

Steve

Yes!
Another nerve wracking game. I think the Dutch deserved to win as they seemed to the better team. Must admire the soirit, fighting to the last second and even win.

Last edited:
Robbins shirt must be made of parachute Silk as he spends so much time in the skydive position !

Was denied a clear penalty but tried to dive for 5 more !

Think Netherlands deserved the win though, just !!!

Unlucky Costa Rica.

I missed the Dutch game as I was flying, but damn by the skin of the teeth huh?
Well, the Dutch team was clearly better in the second half. Mexicans just didn't seem to have the stamina. They also didn't get many chances, apart form some distant shooting. But at that time it was 1 - 0 for the Mexicans, goal made from such a distant shot. But time was running out, and the Mexican keeper is really good. He did some amazing saves. The 1 -1 fell in the 88th minute, just in time and then it was just waiting for the second. The Mexicans couldn't do much. Luckily the referee helped the Mexicans out of their misery so they didn't have to play the extended play.

Well, the Dutch team was clearly better in the second half. Mexicans just didn't seem to have the stamina. They also didn't get many chances, apart form some distant shooting. But at that time it was 1 - 0 for the Mexicans, goal made from such a distant shot. But time was running out, and the Mexican keeper is really good. He did some amazing saves. The 1 -1 fell in the 88th minute, just in time and then it was just waiting for the second. The Mexicans couldn't do much. Luckily the referee helped the Mexicans out of their misery so they didn't have to play the extended play.

So was Robben's penalty a floppy dive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back