2018 Road trip

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff Paul. Sure hope that's the last snow you see for the season. We had anther 4 inches of heavy, wet stuff yesterday and that's probably what's heading your way.

Thanks Andy, yeah I hope not on the snow but they say possible 3 to 6 inches tomorrow.

Judging by your pics at the FB I would say a flood is possible. But I hope not.

Yeah your correct Wojtek, it's very possible if we don't get snow we could get rain. There are flood warning out this last weekend as we had nothing on the ground before Thursday and ice flows in rivers where breaking up. With the 35 to 50 mph winds we had ice flows pushing inland was another source of concern for some people in the area. Hopefully it will melt of slowly allowing the soil to absorb some of it but time will tell.

Yes. The winter here was with some of snow and it was enough to cause the river braking banks even in the downtown when the white stuff melted quickly.

Great shots Paul, looking forward to more soon.
The weather is strange - raining and bordering on cold today, with a moderate wind, but forecast for 21 to 23 degrees C and sunny tomorrow and Thursday, then back to around 10 C and rain.
Global warming ?
So how come I turned up the central heating in mid April, instead of turning it off ?!!!

Awesome pictures, Paul, lovely to see. A good reference for a future trip to the USA to do exactly what you've done.

On the flipside, Jens' Mossie in Vancouver has an original fuselage.

The, of course you get into that ole' argument of what constitutes 'original', which examines percentages of surviving bits and then goes into how things were applied in service in accordance with repair manuals etc etc... It goes on a bit. If you start with a major fuselage component or wing, then add new or refurbished bits to it, you can probably get away with calling it a restoration, but these Mossies were built from scratch by Glyn and delivered to Avspecs for fitting out with original bits. TV959 had its wing refurbished, so you could blur the lines a bit... If you go on Avspecs' website, there is a pic of KA114's fuselage as originally delivered to New Zealand; now anyone with any appreciation of this sort of thing will know that that is never gonna fly again. Click on that 0753 link below.

DSC_0135.JPG
DSC_0138.JPG
DSC_0145.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back