2018 Road trip

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DSC_0177.JPG
DSC_0192.JPG
DSC_0193.JPG

Not disagreeing with you Grant but just clarifying that the Mosquito owned by Bob Jens was completed by Victoria Air Maintenance using the former Spartan Air Services CF-HML (B.35 VR796) airframe. It's not one of Glyn Powell's creations.

Good pics Paul.

Well, there are many here who would disagree.
I can't help but feel that much of the love for the P-40 is based on romanticism as she was outclassed by many of her contemporaries. She performed well everywhere but was never the best fighter, she was just the best fighter available. Clearly the design lent itself to the shark mouth motif better than any other aircraft.

Just my opinion and no more valid than yours my good man.

Cheers,

Jeff

No argument there Jeff. Only thing I would argue she was best at is looking gorgeous!

I enjoyed the rest of the pictures Micdrow! Malcolm hood P-51 was one of my favorites to see and one not commonly seen on the east coast. Can you post the full list of museums you visited? I'd love to take the kids on a longer road trip when they get a little older. So far we are planning on visiting the National Museum of the USAF in Dayton in May.

No argument there Jeff. Only thing I would argue she was best at is looking gorgeous!

I enjoyed the rest of the pictures Micdrow! Malcolm hood P-51 was one of my favorites to see and one not commonly seen on the east coast. Can you post the full list of museums you visited? I'd love to take the kids on a longer road trip when they get a little older. So far we are planning on visiting the National Museum of the USAF in Dayton in May.

Thanks guys, here is the list for this trip. Bad-Karma if you find my 2017 road trip last year it will show you some of the things at Dayton as we went there last year. I am assuming you only wanted a list of museums for this trip and not all the ones I have seen LOL.

Quick link to 2017 road trip
2017 Road Trip

All the best
Paul

FHCAM - Home
Historic Flight
Home | The Museum of Flight
Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum | McMinnville Oregon
Erickson Madras | Erickson Aircraft Collection
Warhawk Air Museum | US military history and airplane museum
Hill Aerospace Museum, Hill AFB, Roy, Utah 84056

#159 - that's more like it! Titan II.

Grant from what we where told that is the last one in existence. Some where scrapped with the end of the cold war agreement with the soviets to dispose of the missiles. The rest with cooperation with Russia where given to NASA to launch satellites into space. I forget why this one was not used but the government gave it to the museum along with the computers for the display. Below a few more pictures of it and the control room. Even the stand is original and what you would find in a missile silo during the cold war.

DSC_0227.JPG
DSC_0229.JPG
DSC_0235.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back