361st Fighter Group, Bottisham.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Here's a quick preview of the 1/48th scale diorama I'll be presenting to the Memorial Museum at Bottisham tomorrow, Thursday.
I'm in a bit of a rush with last-minute packaging at the moment, so I'll post some more pics when I get back on the weekend.

Attachments

• Bottisham diorama 032.jpg
    Bottisham diorama 032.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 206
361th....my fav by far. Looks like a great diorama. Definately hope to see how that Mustang turned out more up close. Good luck with the revealing of the diorama.

I absolutely love that well known pic series of the Bottisham four. Got an Aeromaster decals sheet and 2 Mustang kits reserved for a 361th build project

Thanks guys - more pics on the weekend.
Karl, it's the Tamiya kit, originally built about four years ago, with the diorama being done 'as and when' over the last two years - until Jason posted about the new museum, and I found a reason to finish it !
The model's finish has suffered a bit since then, with smoke and dust, but it looks OK 'in the flesh' - lighting and camera emphasise any blemishes !

Stupendous Terry! The asphalt and concrete look some of the best I've ever seen. The museum should be pleased I would think!

Thanks very much guys. Well, I eventually delivered the diorama, but a day later than intended, after visiting Duxford yesterday, as I had a breakdown half way there on Thursday, and had to wait over five hours for a fan belt to be delivered for my car !
But I'm pleased to say that the museum were more than happy with it, and I'll pist some pics later, when I've sorted them.

Looking great Terry. :D Looking forward to other shots.

Thank you my friend. And here are a few more shots. Sorry about the quality, but they were done in a rush, just before packing the model on Wednesday night. It's good to know the diorama now has an appropriate home, in WW2 buildings at Bottisham, 'home' of the 361st FG.

Attachments

• Bottisham diorama 019.jpg
    Bottisham diorama 019.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Bottisham diorama 039.jpg
    Bottisham diorama 039.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Bottisham diorama 028.jpg
    Bottisham diorama 028.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Bottisham diorama 046.jpg
    Bottisham diorama 046.jpg