48091 (ICM) 1/48 LaGG-3 Finnish Air Force

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

boroda rus

Airman
Apr 11, 2012
www.modelistbarnaul.com
You are welcomed from Siberia, Barnaul city club "Plastmaster."
48091 (ICM) 1/48 LaGG-3 Finnish Air Force. Trophy. The Finns had 3 LaGG-3.More photos here.48091
024.jpg

023.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

012.jpg

She looks Great very nice job :)

Your model has several mistakes for accurate Laag-3, 35 series.

1. Missing slats
2. Horizontal stabilizers are with modified hinges and wider trimmers
3. Vertical rudder is angled hinging line
4. No side protection plates behind the exhaust stacks
5. Long radio mast

Nice try but ....

Hmm. Your observations might well be correct, but don't you think that, for your first post on this forum, your response is rather pointed, blunt and not very diplomatic?

1. Missing slats
5. Long radio mast

Nice try but ....

You must have missed Manners Class in school. I would urge you to take a different tenor for your second post on this forum.

Last edited:

1. Missing slats
5. Long radio mast

Nice try but ....

That's true these mantioned features are typical for Lagg-3s of 35 series. While I can agree with these first four points here you have to know that the LG-3 was a captured Lagg-3 serial 3521357 "White 57", probably belonged to 524 IAP ( the 1st picture ) . The pilot of the kite made a forced landing in a meadow at Ala Sedorska, near Nurmoila on September 14, 1942. She was restored and became LG-3 in Finnish service, and was assigned to LeLv 32. This unit was based based at Nurmoila on the Olonets isthmus. Judging by the camo scheme , Boroda Rus wanted to show its intermediate configuration from summer 1944 to April 1945 ( 2nd and 3rd picture ). During the summer of 1944 the LG-3 was slightly modified. The antenna mast was shortened, the tail wheel was made fixed and its doors were locked in closed position, this could have been done because of the unreliability of the mechanism, the doors were slightly cutten to fit the leg, the upper part of the yellow band on the nose was repainted olive green for reducing its evidence from above.

white57f3.jpg

lg3f9.jpg

lg3f8.jpg

Also I agree with Airframes' and Matt308's opinions posted above.

Last edited:
Hmm. Your observations might well be correct, but don't you think that, for your first post on this forum, your response is rather pointed, blunt and not very diplomatic?

I was thinking the same thing.

I dunno much about the LaGG-3 series of aircraft, so I can't comment on the things pointed out really , but in terms of modelling skills she looks bloody great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back