5 Favourite Planes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I like it best as a bomber, Operation Jericho is one of the most interesting, and daring raids of the war. C.C the Mosquito was one of the best planes of the war, without it Britain would have not had a suitable medium bomber, or decent recce plane. De Havilland did a great job on that aircraft, cheap and very effective.

i know it was a great plane, im not saying it wasnt. i just dont like them, i never have and never will, i hate them even more now i like the P-38 8)

i know it was a great plane, im not saying it wasnt. i just dont like them, i never have and never will, i hate them even more now i like the P-38

this to me looks like he only really hates the mossie because he loves the P-38 more.................

no i didnt lanc. your getting confused with my opinions of planes and how much i like them again. ive said from day one that the mossie was a great plane (however not as great as the P-38 :D ) but i never liked it.

i know, because i liked the P-38 but i wasnt sure how good it was and i couldnt be bothered to find out. now however, i DO know more about it and now i DO know it was the better plane.

Or you could just put Bf-109 (All Variants) and have another aircraft in there.

It certainly was GrG, it certainly was.

The Lightning has been your aircraft since the first page CC... it was a truly great fighter, it's unique configuration and performance...Single-seat twin-engined fighters were unusual, the Whirlwind probably the first...the Germans tried it with the Fw 187, which originally was a single-seater,[ but their RLM changed that] - The Lightning was the only major production single-seater twin - ...I know it came too late, but I often wonder how the DH Hornet would have compared....Like the Mosquito, it was made of wood too, which in a time of shortages, was a stroke of genius....I don't think they built them to last all that long, and considering their ability to absorb punishment, or be repairable, they were a powerful, economic, weapon - They made a great aircraft in the Lightning, all-metal, they were a hardy aircraft, and a 'Cadillac' to fly - I think it's a shame they didn't keep more, like the Mustang. - I can't get my head around them being ' better ' than a Mosquito, or a Hornet, but they certainly were a fine and 'rare' aircraft and have earned their legendary status...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back