56 ("Firebirds") Squadron RAF

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Test

Attachments

• Signature.jpg
    Signature.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 8,939
Last edited:
Latest addition to the Flt Line a Tornado F.3 decked out in the Millennium 2000 fire tail livery.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Attachments

• Tornado1.JPG
    Tornado1.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Tornado2.JPG
    Tornado2.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Tornado3.JPG
    Tornado3.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Flt Line.JPG
    Flt Line.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 92
That tornado is the business! Very cool collection Vic! :thumbleft:

I'd like to do something like that myself. I've only built one jet so far, but I have a load of 1/48 MiG jets in the stash. I want to build them all in Soviet schemes. I'm just missing the 25 31, there's only 2 kits of these available and they're supposed to be complete dogs, but I've heard a rumour that Trumpeter are working on 2 new kits of the 'Big Migs'. So i'm hoping by the time I've got the rest finished they might be on the market.

The MiG 9F is only available in 1/72 so I can't do that one either. And because its such an ugly little fecker I don't think there's much demand for a 1/48 kit!

Have to agree with Keith - thats a Beaut collection mate 8) interesting too the size comparisons

Great addition too!

Smart Tornado Vic! Which kit, Airfix or Italeri? And before you ask, yes, I'm progressing with the Phantom! Might even have it finished very soon, if I can finally match the re - painted bits...what a sod of a job, tryong to match new and 'old' Barley grey! Would have been easier to get another Hasegawa kit and build a new one!!

Thanks guys. Just strated a second Tornado to be in the 1993 display livery.

Smart Tornado Vic! Which kit, Airfix or Italeri? And before you ask, yes, I'm progressing with the Phantom! Might even have it finished very soon, if I can finally match the re - painted bits...what a sod of a job, tryong to match new and 'old' Barley grey! Would have been easier to get another Hasegawa kit and build a new one!!

Thanks Terry, it was the Italeri, first Aifix just started and am recording a photo construction trail as well.

Last edited:
After almost 8 months of messing with these two Airfix monstrosities, the latest additions to the squadron flight line.

Aircraft of World War II - Warbird ForumsView attachment 132027
56 Squadron flight line 1917-2005. Two Tornadoes have been added, one for the 1993 RAF Coningsby Airshow and the second for the 2005 RAF Fairford display.

Aircraft of World War II - Warbird ForumsView attachment 132028
All my British builds displayed.

Aircraft of World War II - Warbird ForumsView attachment 132029
The full display area, with plenty of free space for the huge stack stashed around the house.

Trying to caption each picture, failed. Please delete.

Last edited:
After almost 8 months of messing with these two Airfix monstrosities, the latest additions to the squadron flight line.

View attachment 132027
56 Squadron flight line 1917-2005. Two Tornadoes have been added, one for the 1993 RAF Coningsby Airshow and the second for the 2005 RAF Fairford display.

View attachment 132028
All my British builds displayed.

View attachment 132029
The full display area, with plenty of free space for the huge stack stashed around the house.

Trying to caption each picture, failed. Please delete.

Last edited:
Just another test run.
56  Brit Collection.JPG

The flight line.

Glenn, I have a little anti static brush, and give them a dust from time to time, also it's my hobby room (former bedroom) so there's not much traffic in and out of it and the Dyson is often brought into play keeping the carpet clean, especially after sawing, shaving or sanding resin parts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back