75th BoB from Duxford

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Terry. I did find my pics of the two Nimrods Saturday. The did fly together and here are a few highlights:

452Posted.jpg
453Posted.jpg
466Posted.jpg
481Posted.jpg
486Posted.jpg

Great shots Andy !
Pity they weren't both up on Sunday, but it was nice to see the MkII flying, at least. I've seen it many times at DX, but hadn't seen it fly until this show.

A few more of the Hurricanes and Sea Hurricane, Buchons and the 'Duxford' Mk1 Spitfire, plus a regal visitor in the form of a RAF V.I.P/Queen's Flight BAe 146. The pods on the rear fuselage prompted some speculative conversation between our group.
Hurricane 'UP-W' is a veteran of the Battle, with a number of 'victories'.

Attachments

• BoB 57.jpg
    BoB 57.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 84
  • BoB 58.jpg
    BoB 58.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 86
  • BoB 59.jpg
    BoB 59.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 78
  • BoB 60.jpg
    BoB 60.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 56
  • BoB 61.jpg
    BoB 61.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 78
  • BoB 62.jpg
    BoB 62.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 75
  • BoB 63.jpg
    BoB 63.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 53
  • BoB 64.jpg
    BoB 64.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 55
  • BoB 65.jpg
    BoB 65.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 56
  • BoB 66.jpg
    BoB 66.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 78
Looks like I missed a great show...and the evening parties as well !.

Awesome set of pics chaps, keep 'em coming ! :)

Maybe not a good 'set' Andy, but there's nothing wrong with the ones you did get - great shots.
And yes Gary, you missed a good show and a couple or three very enjoyable pi ... er ... soirees !

Nice !
We saw that from the campsite as they were orbiting to the north west of the airfield - the Typhoon was at a really steep nose-up angle, with its gear lowered, trying to fly slow enough !!
I hadn't realised, until seeing your pic, that the Spit was the Mk.V - in the past when they've done jet/Spit formation, they used the faster PR19 - no wonder the Typhoon was 'struggling' !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back