A-35 Vengeance

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jayl

Senior Airman
May 29, 2009
I tried searching the forum but I keep getting an error message. What I'm looking for is any cockpit photos of an A-31/35 Vengeance. I've tried searching the web and didn't get much that was of any use. I think I read there is only one remaining in a museum in Australia and period pictures are very difficult to find. I'm building the 1/72 Special Hobby kit, and while the resin pit is nice, there is no detail for the sidewalls. Thanks in advance for any help.

What book is that Jay?

It's "Vengeance! The Vultee Vengeance Dive Bomber" by Peter C. Smith.

It's got some decent pics that are helpful, but I could still use some pics of the sidewalls if anyone has some. I can't believe how much trouble it's been to find any good pics of this plane.

I was actually going to send you a pm if I didn't get any replies considering your sig has a Vengeance and I figured that you may have anything that's out there.

Last edited:
Jay

Found this shot in one of my magazines it's a bit dark but it might help.
I picked up that book the other day for $5.00 good bargain

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• vengeance 001.jpg
    vengeance 001.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 243
Jay

Found this shot in one of my magazines it's a bit dark but it might help.
I picked up that book the other day for $5.00 good bargain

Cheers
Mike

Thank you for posting the pic Mike, that's one I haven't seen and will help out. I can lighten it up in a pic editor and should be able to see the details a little better.

Great... a very interesting and useful stuff here Jayl. THX for posting. :cool:

BTW... Do you have a picture of the wing top or underside surfaces at areas with these air brakes opened?

Great... a very interesting and useful stuff here Jayl. THX for posting. :cool:

BTW... Do you have a picture of the wing top or underside surfaces at areas with these air brakes opened?

I'll have to look through my pics and see if I have a good shot of that area, I'll post it if I do.

This is all I could find of the dive brakes.

7653852344_3ba289805e_c.png

7653852418_c25d7972cc.png

7653852240_e0f284c746.png

Last edited:
THX guys. Nice stuff here. :thumbright: One more reguest... do you have images of the dive braker bays?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back