A few laundry questions...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BikerBabe

Senior Master Sergeant
May 21, 2009
Denmark.
www.bmwmc.dk
Hi guys.

I wonder if any of you has got one of those lambskin/sheepskin pilot jackets.
I've got one, and I'd like to save a little on the bills by cleaning it myself.
But do you know if I can just stuff it in the washing machine on Wool programme, and wash it like that turned inside out to avoid damages to the smooth outside of the hide, or is it off to the cleaner's shop with it?
I know that no matter what, it'll have to be treated with some kind of leather care product, and that's no problem, as I've got both leather balm and leather grease - it was originally intended for my bike leathers, but hey - leather is leather. :lol:

And if any of you has got any good ideas and input on how to to iron shirts fast, easy and well, I'd be more than happy to receive any good cheats, tricks and hints, as I've just washed all of my shirts, and there's 22 shirts to be ironed...*yawn* ;)

Last edited:
Don't put leather in the washing machine!!
pi_freak.gif

If you want to clean it yourself, there should be cleaning products at your local store that aren't too expensive. Or call a leather dealer and ask for their advice beforehand.

Back in the day, when I wore pressed items, I either paid someone to do my ironing (fastest and simplest way) or I just dove in and knocked 'er out and got it over with...so I guess there's no secret method I can share with ya' there! :lol:

Unless they are heavily wrinkled or you need the starched look, I used to mist my short with water and throw it into the dryer. It does a pretty nice job.

Hanging them in the bathroom on a hanger while taking a hot shower did a nice number as well.

Don't put leather in the washing machine!!
pi_freak.gif

If you want to clean it yourself, there should be cleaning products at your local store that aren't too expensive. Or call a leather dealer and ask for their advice beforehand.

Back in the day, when I wore pressed items, I either paid someone to do my ironing (fastest and simplest way) or I just dove in and knocked 'er out and got it over with...so I guess there's no secret method I can share with ya' there! :lol:

Okay GG, thanks for the advice. I'll check on whatever leather cleaning products I can find at my local supermarket, or the WWW. ;)

Ironing: K. ;)

Unless they are heavily wrinkled or you need the starched look, I used to mist my short with water and throw it into the dryer. It does a pretty nice job.
Hanging them in the bathroom on a hanger while taking a hot shower did a nice number as well.

Hi VB and thanks for the input.

I usually hang my shirts on my balcony when they're still wet, and then I leave them to dry.
I guess the smartest thing would be to leave the ones that don't need ironing, and just iron the ones that are supposed to look sharp, crisp and clean. ;)
And the lil' trick with hanging the shirt(s) while showering has been duly noted - that's a nice little trick, thanks for sharing. ;)

Last edited:
....you use an iron on clothes? How do you get the cheese out of your collar afterwards?

:lol:

They make some dry-cleaning bags that you seal your clothes in and toss in a dryer (NOT the washer....good Lord, not in the washer....especially if you're married). Should help to take wrinkles out of shirts, too. Me.....I can't remember the last time I ironed something. I don't even know where our iron is anymore!

I usually wait until t my clothes are so dirty they stand by themselves, then bang the crust off with a broom! Works like a charm. :)

I tried that with my socks once, but they became incredibly hard to catch after a while, so I had to use rat traps to catch the little buggers.
It's not a pleasant sight when a sock dies in one of those traps, and you should hear the screams! :shock: :lol:

....you use an iron on clothes? How do you get the cheese out of your collar afterwards?
:lol:

Heheh! :lol:

They make some dry-cleaning bags that you seal your clothes in and toss in a dryer (NOT the washer....good Lord, not in the washer....especially if you're married). Should help to take wrinkles out of shirts, too. Me.....I can't remember the last time I ironed something. I don't even know where our iron is anymore!

Hmmm, that sounds like something that oughta get investigated...I've never heard of that sort of dry-cleaning bags, so I don't know if you can get them around here, but it's worth a try.
Thanks for the input. ;)
Oh, and your iron?
Try the garage, top shelf to the left of the door. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back