A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

News from Atlantis Models Co, the company that is reissuing many old Revell and Monogram classic kits.

In May 2021 they will reissue the famous 1/12 Scale R-1820 "working" model kit for $34.99. I am looking forward to getting one of those!

In January 2021 they will reissue the 1/40 Nike missile kit for $21.99

I guess both of these kits are the originally Renwal kits

Two new kits from ICM are due soon, both in 1/32nd scale, and should be very popular.
First is a DH Tiger Moth, retailing at around £35 in the UK, and the 3D images om Hannant's website show what looks like another very nice kit from this company, and I think the first injected kit of this aircraft in 1/32nd scale since the old Matchbox example form the 1970's.
Second kit is what looks like a very nice model of the Fiat CR 42, with UK price around £45, not bad at all for this fairly large biplane fighter.
Both kits can be put on "back order / pre-order" at Hannant's, at a slightly reduced price, and I'm tempted, even though I'm running short of display space, and have far too may kits already !
Pics of the box art work below.

Last edited:
Wrong scale for me but good to see new stuff. I'd like to see a 1/48 "Canadianized" Tiger Moth as the needed mods to the new Airfix offering would be tricky.

Yes, me too, to an extent.
Like you, I prefer to work to a "constant" scale, in 1/48th, but I do like to have a few 1/32nd scale models of certain subjects, although I suddenly find I have more than I thought ( six 1/32nd Spitfires, for example !!!) , and the trouble is, the space they take up, where one, 1/32nd scale Spitfire, for example, takes the space of around two to three in 1/48th scale and some types even "fighter size", are just a tad too big for "standard size" cabinet shelves
Is the "Canadianised" Tiger Moth more complex ?
I haven't really studied it, but I thought it was just the addition of a canopy, which could be moulded . The pic below shows a conversion from the old Matchbox 1/32nd scale kit, on display at Elvington.

Users who are viewing this thread