A few more future releases. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fixed that for you.
download (19).jpeg

I flew into Shannon Airport in Fredricksberg, VA, one Saturday morning back around 1991 and found a friend helping with a Tiger Moth. They had flown over from another airport and when they tried to take off the engine sputtered and almost quit. They drained the fuel tank, just in case the gasoline was contaminated, and put in fresh fuel. Then they noted something about the linkage to the fuel shut off valve. The fuel tank is in the top wing center section, and rather than placing the fuel shut off valve in the cockpit they had located the valve on the tank outlet and had a combination of rods that were strapped to the struts to actuate the valve. The clamps around the struts had gotten a bit loose and when the propwash hit that assemblage of hardware it moved the rods and shut the valve almost off.

I flew into Shannon Airport in Fredricksberg, VA, one Saturday morning back around 1991 and found a friend helping with a Tiger Moth. They had flown over from another airport and when they tried to take off the engine sputtered and almost quit. They drained the fuel tank, just in case the gasoline was contaminated, and put in fresh fuel. Then they noted something about the linkage to the fuel shut off valve. The fuel tank is in the top wing center section, and rather than placing the fuel shut off valve in the cockpit they had located the valve on the tank outlet and had a combination of rods that were strapped to the struts to actuate the valve. The clamps around the struts had gotten a bit loose and when the propwash hit that assemblage of hardware it moved the rods and shut the valve almost off.
Ahhh! Engineers. Can't live with them, can't live without them. In this case, almost the former....

Tri focals and shaky hands, Heck 48th is getting to small
Oh I understand. A car accident messed me up and I now have the shakes pretty bad t too. I still try but sometimes I need to have my son's assistance. And I'm stick with brush painting as spraying doesn't work very well, with it literally going e every. And to try accurate masking, yeah, much better with a brush. ,😊

Oh I understand. A car accident messed me up and I now have the shakes pretty bad t too. I still try but sometimes I need to have my son's assistance. And I'm stick with brush painting as spraying doesn't work very well, with it literally going e every. And to try accurate masking, yeah, much better with a brush. ,😊
:D

More news from Squadron about two new coming releases. One features a man out walking his dog and the other what appears to be some kind of all-terrain terrarium.

View attachment 708522View attachment 708523
You gotta stop reading them thar funny papers that Brandon sends out like that. Twernt funny no more when I looked at the price on the CH-54 and I was saving $70 and ONLY paying $194. Sides, I like it better when the puppy is eating from the terlet!

Yeah, out seems as though most members prefer the larger scales. I know I'm in the minority here. 😂
1/72 - fits the display areas better. 1/48 - much finer detail. Especially The cockpits.
As for working with either? There seems to be a race on as to who has more parts on their kits! This has resulted in 1/48 models with just as many, if not more, tiny parts for the carper monsters. I hsve purchased a 1/32 spit. We'll see how that works out!

Here is a question for you.

Would y'all prefer kits that are accurate with some detail, such as, say, the Monogram original 1/48 FW-190, P-51B, P-38L, P-40B and plan to add additional detail yourself or would you rather have kits that more detail and a lot more parts?

Me, I'd rather have an accurate kit that I can add detail to if I wish but that is less expensive.

Would y'all prefer kits that are accurate with some detail, such as, say, the Monogram original 1/48 FW-190, P-51B, P-38L, P-40B and plan to add additional detail yourself or would you rather have kits that more detail and a lot more parts?

Me, I'd rather have an accurate kit that I can add detail to if I wish but that is less expensive.
The Eduard weekend edition or for that matter the over trees are great example where you can buy decals and detail sets to your liking. Sometimes the Profie pak is right but why pay for a profie when you're not planning on using the PE or decals!

My wife bought me a kit for Christmas, the Airfix BP Defiant 1:48 scale. I enjoyed doing it but much of the detail inside cannot be seen and on the turret made it difficult to get together and "fit". I would prefer a cheaper kit, those who go for a lot of detail tend to buy after market stuff for cockpit etc. anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back