A few more future releases. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Years ago I gave a friend of mine a 1/72 KC-135A kit. He had worked on them at Tinker AFB. He was building it with his kids and after collecting the required paints reported that it required two different colors of white, one of which was for the toilet paper in the bathroom. Now, the window for that bathroom was maybe 1/8 inch square. I asked him if you could see inside the bathroom and he replied "No." Think of how large 1/72 scale TP is, and they tell you to use flat white rather than gloss white for it! Admittedly, AMT's attention to detail is impressive.

Now, in the case of something like a 1/48 AT-6, that airplane has a steel tube structure inside the cockpit, so you probably have to provide all of that structure rather than just emboss something inside the fuselage, and Monogram did that. Some of the ICM Yak kits are that way, too.

Last edited:
Years ago I gave a friend of mine a 1/72 KC-135A kit. He had worked on them at Tinker AFB. He was building it with his kids and after collecting the required paints reported that it required two different colors of white, one of which was for the toilet paper in the bathroom. Now, the window for that bathroom was maybe 1/8 inch square. I asked him if you could see inside the bathroom and he replied "No." Think of how large 1/72 scale TP is!
I have so many of that kit + the EC & RC I'm not sure how I'll ever get to them, that said of all the aircraft I worked on in my twenty years in the military, I spent twelve on them. 43rd SW, 305th AReFW, and 19th ARW/G

Years ago I gave a friend of mine a 1/72 KC-135A kit. He had worked on them at Tinker AFB. He was building it with his kids and after collecting the required paints reported that it required two different colors of white, one of which was for the toilet paper in the bathroom. Now, the window for that bathroom was maybe 1/8 inch square. I asked him if you could see inside the bathroom and he replied "No." Think of how large 1/72 scale TP is!
Maybe not through the window.................................

110111-1M.jpg

But we did have reading matter........................

110208-1D.jpg

:D

The Eduard weekend edition or for that matter the over trees are great example where you can buy decals and detail sets to your liking. Sometimes the Profie pak is right but why pay for a profie when you're not planning on using the PE or decals!
The Condor 1/72 kit of the V-2 missile is terrifying when you open the box. It includes the launch mount, which has about 9 zillion U-shaped handholds, each one faithfully reproduced in itsy bitsy teeny weneey pieces of plastic attached to the sprue in a manner that ensures that none will come off unscathed without extensive X-Acto work, virtually guaranteeing an emergency room visit.

In marked contrast, the Pegasus 1/48 V-2 kit can be snapped together without glue and features stick-on decals that eliminate the hazards of dealing either with sharp objects or the threat of drowning associated with decalomania and water. Hooray for 1/48! 1/72 should be outlawed for anything smaller than a KC-135.

The Condor 1/72 kit of the V-2 missile is terrifying when you open the box. It includes the launch mount, which has about 9 zillion U-shaped handholds, each one faithfully reproduced in itsy bitsy teeny weneey pieces of plastic attached to the sprue in a manner that ensures that none will come off unscathed without extensive X-Acto work, virtually guaranteeing an emergency room visit.

In marked contrast, the Pegasus 1/48 V-2 kit can be snapped together without glue and features stick-on decals that eliminate the hazards of dealing either with sharp objects or the threat of drowning associated with decalomania and water. Hooray for 1/48! 1/72 should be outlawed for anything smaller than a KC-135.
I don't know about all that, I have 72 scale B-17/24/36/52, I even have large planes in 144, KC-95/135, B-29/36/50/52/47/1 & 2, smaller scales still have their place

Back in 2016 a drunk in pickup truck tried to drive through my house. Well, he was not trying to do that, he just missed the road he was aiming for. Fortunately he accidentially picked the one spot where he could hit and do minimum damage. A few feet either way and it likely would have been a lot worse.

1/72 - fits the display areas better. 1/48 - much finer detail. Especially The cockpits.
As for working with either? There seems to be a race on as to who has more parts on their kits! This has resulted in 1/48 models with just as many, if not more, tiny parts for the carper monsters. I hsve purchased a 1/32 spit. We'll see how that works out!
Ok. I wish you all the best on getting it done. I actually l found that putting an office mat on some plastic in the area helped save many pieces from those grubby little plastic munchers. Just a thought.

Back in 2016 a drunk in pickup truck tried to drive through my house. Well, he was not trying to do that, he just missed the road he was aiming for. Fortunately he accidentially picked the one spot where he could hit and do minimum damage. A few feet either way and it likely would have been a lot worse.
And see, now you don't have a model display room, DON'T DRIVE DRUNK, you'll miss the big red X ❌ on the side of the house! Follow me for more great advice!

It's nice to see aviation history preserved, even if only scaled down. I may not study specs like others here but I do have an appreciation of it and its importance. Actual preserved or extinct aircraft would be impractical to store and display. These Add-ons of obscure or even common components that enhance the accuracy of these builds only improve the enjoyment of them. People, and hopefully children, can look and wonder "what's this fiddly-bit that's sticking out do?" Perhaps sparking curiosity to poke around inside the real thing. Well, maybe newer aircraft.
The models I have seen here are of an historic importance. They're as correct as any historian could hope to see. Just letting you know.
Tell your significant other that you are preserving civilization.

It's nice to see aviation history preserved, even if only scaled down. I may not study specs like others here but I do have an appreciation of it and its importance. Actual preserved or extinct aircraft would be impractical to store and display. These Add-ons of obscure or even common components that enhance the accuracy of these builds only improve the enjoyment of them. People, and hopefully children, can look and wonder "what's this fiddly-bit that's sticking out do?" Perhaps sparking curiosity to poke around inside the real thing. Well, maybe newer aircraft.
The models I have seen here are of an historic importance. They're as correct as any historian could hope to see. Just letting you know.
Tell your significant other that you are preserving civilization.
Uaaa, ummm, yeah, that got a smack with the ol' frying pan!🤣😂😅😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back