A few more future releases. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tb2.jpg

the source: An-14 i Bayraktar TB-2 z wydawnictwa ORLIK – Modele z Kartonu

I think that Lindberg kit was one of the very first models I built by myself, and thus it has been a favorite. I think I have two unbuilt examples in my collection now. I was pleased to find out that the Rudderow Class was basically identical to the famous USS Samuel B. Roberts, lost at Leyte Gulf when it was the only DE from Taffy 3 to follow the two Fletcher Class DD's in attacking the IJN Yamato and the rest of the IJN fleet.

The XB-51 was not really a pretty airplane but it probably was a better bomber than the B-57 that Martin got to build as a consolation prize. The rotary bomb bay of the XB-51 was adopted from the B-57.

On the other hand, the B-57A was adopted early as a recon aircraft and probably had superior altitude capability to the XB-51; the B-57F version certainly did.

The XB-51 was not really a pretty airplane but it probably was a better bomber than the B-57 that Martin got to build as a consolation prize. The rotary bomb bay of the XB-51 was adopted from the B-57.

On the other hand, the B-57A was adopted early as a recon aircraft and probably had superior altitude capability to the XB-51; the B-57F version certainly did.
XB-51 became the Gilbert XF-120 in "Towards the Unknown " incredible movie for the early jets! Early James Garner, William Holden, Loyd Nolan. Edwards AFB early '50's XF-102 F-94 etc…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back